Really Really want XTSL!!

casey_446

So, I really really want to get DS well and DD Radian XTSL :love:....DS is 3 yrs old 37.5 inches and 29 lbs...DD is 15 months about 18 lbs and 29 inches...they would both get a lot of use out of them BUT they are sooo expensive...AND I have a serious car seat buying problem (as i know many of you do) in the last year I bought 2 MyRides which ended up weirdly being incompatable with my car...a True Fit Recline which was supposed to be for DD but DS had so much growing room in it I gave it to him and turned him back RF....so to be cost effective I bought the Onside air and i hate it! I mean she looks comfy in it and all but its hard to tighten/loosen the straps...its hard to use with latch...I have also bought a Frontier 85 before I turned DS back around RF....soooo as you can see DH would probably not be so happy if I bought one more car seat haha! but i really want them LOL! Anyway sorry just a little vent!

ADS

abbi_n_nadia

Could you sell a seat you aren't currently using to fund an XTSL?

And I know what you mean...my dh just rolls his eyes if I mention getting another carseat! Lol He's been great about it up until now but I guess he thinks 6 seats for 2 kids is enough... :whistle:

scariestone

I'd try one out first to make sure they're compatible with your vehicle and then sell any seats you don't need to get them. That is, if you need the high RF limits. If you don't, then I probably wouldn't spend the money for them. They are great seats but can be a bear to install. I bought one for DS because he's huge.

I think you'll dislike the Radian for the same reason you didn't like the Onside Air.

It's prolly the least favorite seat I own. Even counting the Scenera. I don't own the ComfortSport (my mom bought that and it's rotting in her garage somewhere or given to a needy family she knows).

Not to say I hate it. It's just the least favorite of the 5 seats I own. Easily clinched the title actually.

I would totally sell your other seats to help fund the radian purchase. Diapers.com has 20% off all their radians through 3/31. I just bought dd a flora pattern xtsl, despite the fact that we didn't NEED another seat-- ds was in a myride and dd was in a radian 65.
But honestly, I've been coveting the flora xtsl for some time now, and I do prefer radians over all other seats I've owned...
So I bought it. And I don't feel the least bit guilty! We are foster parents, so I just tell myself that some other baby will enjoy ds's myride one day soon.
DH just chuckled at me when I told him I bought it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC