More Recaro pics and info!

ADS

jennsmile

The list the interior seat width for the Signo & Como of 15" So I doubt it is 16" wide but who knows.... I guess it is possible but probably not probable.

As for height. They list the interior seat back height of the Signo as 25.5-26.6. I went and measured my radian. It came to 24 inches and my husky/regent was 27". The COMO is listed as 25.5.

SO.....It probably has a harness height taller than the Radian but smaller than the Regent. :D

Jenn

MamiOf3

I'm still debating getting these as "extra" seats for my kids when they are in other people's cars. The main reason I would choose the Signo over the Regent is size (I drive a van so it doesn't matter to me but no one else who drives them around has a van).

To me it doesn't seem like those seats can fit an older child comfortably. I'll still probably get them and who knows I might like them more than my Britax LOL

Splash

Well, the pictures effectively ruled them out for me. With that belt path, there is no way I could install it in the center of my car. Drats, I was really looking forward to it.

sixboys

Hi Splash! After all your help, I'm still "getting there" on the carseats! I'm up to 5 (three Blvds and 2 Parkways), but the Regents I ordered for Conrad and Tim are too big! So I'm waiting on the Recaro seats.

Which is why I'm posting to this thread.... I just talked to a guy at recarochildseats and he said he's expecting them NEXT WEEK!!! :thumbsup:
Yipee! He said they would be on his site as soon as he has them, and there would be no need to pre-order as he will get a huge supply of them. I'm going to be checking every morning.

Amy

Loves2sing

I know this is shallow, but I can't help it. I think that the covers are ugly. I would love to see and play with the seat, but I don't think I woud want one, cause they aren't pretty. They remind me of a 3in1 seat by the way they look. COMPLETLEY shallow, I know, but I probably wouldn't have bought one anyway, cause we have the Radian, which works great for us. But maybe they will have cuter covers for baby#2!

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
So, is the only difference between the two the harness adjuster?

Living in a hot climate, I really like the ventilation slots on the seat...

Morganthe

Hi Splash! After all your help, I'm still "getting there" on the carseats! I'm up to 5 (three Blvds and 2 Parkways), but the Regents I ordered for Conrad and Tim are too big! So I'm waiting on the Recaro seats.

Which is why I'm posting to this thread.... I just talked to a guy at recarochildseats and he said he's expecting them NEXT WEEK!!! :thumbsup:
Yipee! He said they would be on his site as soon as he has them, and there would be no need to pre-order as he will get a huge supply of them. I'm going to be checking every morning.

Amy

LOL -- I just called them, poor guys. It is JUST A RUMOUR. They don't have anything for certain yet. I was provided a number and asked to call back next week when they'll know more :)

FWIW, I LOVED calling near my old home. I miss the Eastside :(

Free shipping AND no sales tax. Yippee! And customer service if I happen to visit or move back :) Thanks for the name.

southpawboston

I know this is shallow, but I can't help it. I think that the covers are ugly. I would love to see and play with the seat, but I don't think I woud want one, cause they aren't pretty.

not a shallow point at all. i'm p*ssed that they don't have a nice red/black signo for my car (the vivo has red/black).

Splash

The problem with the middle seatbelt in my car is that the buckle stalks are light years apart.

The first part of the belt comes down from the ceiling, and buckles into stalk a. Then you pull it across the body (or through the belt path) and buckle it into stalk b. The distance between stalk a and stalk b is enormous. When I put a Radian in there, buckled as tight as possible with another tech helping me, there was still about 6 inches of lateral movement because of the distance between the anchors. Even the BV with the lockoff closed and that huge open belt path is still probably too much lateral movement. However, there is NO front to back movement. I've made the choice to take a less than optimal install center versus a perfect install outboard. I'd love a perfect install center, but it's just not happening. And I know it would never happen with the new Recaros if those pictures are true to life.

I'd like to try the new Triumph when it comes out, though. That might work.

I do love the ventilation holes, though. Those would be awesome for Charlie. And if I could get it RF in the center, it would open up a new possibility to RF him in that car. As it is, I think he's going to be turning very soon. :(

sixboys

LOL -- I just called them, poor guys. It is JUST A RUMOUR. They don't have anything for certain yet. I was provided a number and asked to call back next week when they'll know more :)

FWIW, I LOVED calling near my old home. I miss the Eastside :(

Free shipping AND no sales tax. Yippee! And customer service if I happen to visit or move back :) Thanks for the name.

Oh no you're breaking my heart! I'm dying to get them back into harnessed seats and buying another Blvd. or MA just seems so dumb when they will be outgrowing them so soon.

Splash

Don't break Amy's heart. She NEEDS those seats! Oy, after all the daydreams and nightmares I had securing those seven children, Recaro needs to get a move on!

MamiOf3

I know this is shallow, but I can't help it. I think that the covers are ugly. I would love to see and play with the seat, but I don't think I woud want one, cause they aren't pretty. They remind me of a 3in1 seat by the way they look. COMPLETLEY shallow, I know, but I probably wouldn't have bought one anyway, cause we have the Radian, which works great for us. But maybe they will have cuter covers for baby#2!

The covers are really ugly. I was really looking forward to a nice girly cover and the gray and pink isn't very cute LOL
If I had to choose I'd get the pink/gray for my daughter and the black/tan for my son.

Now I don't know which "extra" seats to get for my 2 little ones :(

sixboys

Don't break Amy's heart. She NEEDS those seats! Oy, after all the daydreams and nightmares I had securing those seven children, Recaro needs to get a move on!

Splash - you are the greatest! :thumbsup:

(I found this poor woman one night while googling carseat safety, and about 500 emails later she pointed me in the right direction.)

If we are ever in a 100 mile radius of each other I am finding you and buying you much deserved dinner/drinks!

hsjwmom

DD2 actually expressed interest in the sand one! I wouldn't mind getting that one since it should look nice with our Blue Bouquet regent...I'm just a bit concerned about it staying clean looking. I put our AF cover on the MA a bit ago and it is really looking dingy. I know, I know, it washes out! I just don't want to mess with it.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I think the belt path on the Como (haven't looked at the Signo yet) looks remarkably similar to that on the Britax convertibles, which install well in virtually any vehicle.

As for the covers, I don't think they're "ugly", just rather plain.

arly1983

The problem with the middle seatbelt in my car is that the buckle stalks are light years apart.

The first part of the belt comes down from the ceiling, and buckles into stalk a. Then you pull it across the body (or through the belt path) and buckle it into stalk b. The distance between stalk a and stalk b is enormous. When I put a Radian in there, buckled as tight as possible with another tech helping me, there was still about 6 inches of lateral movement because of the distance between the anchors. Even the BV with the lockoff closed and that huge open belt path is still probably too much lateral movement. However, there is NO front to back movement. I've made the choice to take a less than optimal install center versus a perfect install outboard. I'd love a perfect install center, but it's just not happening. And I know it would never happen with the new Recaros if those pictures are true to life.

I'd like to try the new Triumph when it comes out, though. That might work.

I do love the ventilation holes, though. Those would be awesome for Charlie. And if I could get it RF in the center, it would open up a new possibility to RF him in that car. As it is, I think he's going to be turning very soon. :(

Splash,

I don't want to even say this, you are going to HATE me.....

I have installed carseats in 3 cars (Ford Windstar, Expedition, and CRV-no RB) with belts like you described and the best install I got was with a Regent, long belt path with/without recline bar (according to which car).....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC