Question older children rearfacing

mumof2

has your older child (over 3 years) had a growth spurt in height but their head is at the same place it was before the GS so they grew in their legs?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yes. Most three to four year olds sprout legs. I'm shocked Laine's doing it already at 18 months.

Wendy

mumof2

oh good to hear my 3 year old still has another 3-4 inches before she reaches the height limit RF of the radian

emandbri

Yep, I've always found it interesting that Elizabeth and Benjamin were only a few inches difference in torso height when they are almost 3 years apart.

zactayaus

Yup, my LO is almost 2yo and his torso hasn't grown in a while (thank goodness because he's got such a long torso as it is) but he's suddenly growing legs and all his pants are too short now.:eek:

gsdguenter

funny, I was wondering the same thing! DD1 grew 1/2 in. but her torso is the same. Her legs looked longer to me but I wasn't sure if I was imagining things or not :p

Kat_Momof3

yes and no... the boys did that (Damian at 3, Jeffrey at 4), though they were ffing because of the limits of the seats back then...

but Ruthie did not... she didn't start sprouting leg until 4, then a bigger one at 5, and with the biggest spurt being since she turned 6.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC