Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Wierd... about my certification status

I went online again yesterday to see if my profile with SafeKids was updated with my certification number. It wasn't. Today should be the 20th business day since they received our tests (instructor said she was going to overnight them the monday after class ended).

So, my profile shows no certification number, BUT when I did a search for techs in my area, MY NAME POPPED UP with "certified technician" next to it. Hmmmmmm....

So what does that mean?
    Kathy

CPST and proud owner of Britax Regent, Britax Marathon, Safeguard GO, Evenflo Chase, Costco Scenera, and IMMI PetBuckle.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Wierd... about my certification status

Not sure, but go ahead & contact them if you're worried There were multiple accounts for me in there & it took us a while to get it figured out, but we did
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Angry Re: Wierd... about my certification status

ARGH! I called again since today is the 20th business day and it should have been processed by now.

They guy I talked to told me they only have a profile for me, but no record of me registering or attending a course. They had no record of my course acceptance or payment either!! He said that even if my test was submitted, they wouldn't do anything with it because I wasn't registered as taking that class. Unbelievable!

So I had to call one of my instructors and have her call SafeKids to verify that I did take the course. Ironically, she had info from them, dated yesterday, that said my certification was processed. But she called, and I forwarded my confirmation emails to SK's.

I was out when he sent an email back to me saying he had some info for me and to please call before 5 pm. But I got back at 5:30, so I'll have to call tomorrow.
    Kathy

CPST and proud owner of Britax Regent, Britax Marathon, Safeguard GO, Evenflo Chase, Costco Scenera, and IMMI PetBuckle.

Re: Wierd... about my certification status

Don't feel bad Kathy.
    My test scores were lost for months. I had to get my instructor to send them in TWICE! They had my hands on scores but not the test itself.
    I called them so many times , I don't know if they actually scored my test or went ahead and put it through because I called them so much!
    I took my class in June of 2005 and didn't get my certification # until FEB 2006!!!!!
    Only cool thing about that is I don't have to re-certify until Feb 2008.
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum