Help with shipping

cpsaddict

I saw on another thread that somebody here(Arly?) shipped a Radian for $12. I am wanting to get a RA shipped(thanks, Shelsy!), but the cheapest we are finding is $25.85 through DHL. It is going from CA to OR. Any ideas? I got a quote from DHL for $12.53 with pickup, but I only put the weight in(16lbs), not the dimensions. Anybody got any ideas to ship it cheaper!?

Thanks!

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
It probably costs more to ship because the Radian can be folded flat. The dimensions wouldn't be that big for it compared to the RA.

mominabigtruck

Try usps. Also it helps if the seat isn't sitting flat in the box, if you tilt it at an angle you can get a smaller box and therefore it costs less.

arly1983

I will be back in a sec but I had a husky shipped to me for really cheap too, through DHL. Lets see what the price of that was ?!?!?

Sorry, couldn't find the huskey total but the radian was 12.72 total...

mominabigtruck

Most places charge you an oversized rate if your box is over a certain size. Usps cutoff is 108in and they are hard asses about it, they mean 108in! Fedex is more lenient depending on who's working the counter, I just don't like ups so I don't know about them.:confused:

BrookeSLP

If you can ship it through someone who has a business number with UPS or FexEX, it will be significantly cheaper as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC