You know what's pathetically sad?

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We have a CPS Tech list serv group here in CT.

There has not been one single solitary post about the new recs. Not one. No discussions, nothing.

And I sent an e-mail to it, with all of the info, the CPS link, the great NHTSA PDF handout, etc. and it the list is moderated (by the head of SK for the state) and has not been approved and released yet...and I sent it the day this all 'hit'.

:scratcheshead:

ADS
not shocking around here! I have yet to see one kid ever rear face past 12 months in this area, and most of Julianna's class mates were out of boosters in kindergarten. People pull out of the walker like with kids hanging out of car windows, in the front seat, lap babies.. I have spotted a few.. 5 month olds ffing barely strapped in.. it is horrible.. maybe if SK CT stepped up and posted the rules, maybe in light of it had a few free checks or even check points in towns, parents would know more.

I had to go searching all over for a tech to look at my seats when I first got a car, and it was the Stratford PD.. they installed my car seats in such a way that I was terrified to move my car, but they would not accept my arguments.. insisted I forward face Fiona, and insisted that all three car seats in my 3 across be installed with latch even though Julianna was WELL over the latch weight limits.. they said it was illegal not to.

I had to leave and fix the seats best I could and then find someone else.. and then to get in was difficult. the hrs were bad.

honestly the one time I found a public free check event the techs were not techs and they tried to force me to turn Fiona (3 at the time) forward facing .. thankfully I knew my stuff by then and was able to put my foot down and win.

Car seat usage and education in CT is appalling! There are like two good techs that I know of around here, You, and John Crowe at AAA (he at least is highly supportive of ERFing.)
Once I was on BArnum ave and spoted a billboard about car seat usage, it was great but it was dull colors and not noticeable.. of course the person next to me at the light had kids bouncing all over her car.. and did not notice it obviously.

monstah

Can you send invites to the listserve? I got one from Karen w Safe Kids but had some technical difficulties. :eek: Anyway, I need a new "invite". I think. Still not sure how the listserve works or what it is. :whistle: :eek: Sounds like I'm not missing much anyway. :p
I can PM you my yahoo email adress.

There are like two good techs that I know of around here, You, and John Crowe at AAA (he at least is highly supportive of ERFing.)

Hey, hey now. Forgot I moved here? :p

CTPDMom

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the info.
:)
And I totally didn't remember you were in CT...remind me again what town you're in! (in the PM if you want...)

Can you send invites to the listserve? I got one from Karen w Safe Kids but had some technical difficulties. :eek: Anyway, I need a new "invite". I think. Still not sure how the listserve works or what it is. :whistle: :eek: Sounds like I'm not missing much anyway. :p
I can PM you my yahoo email adress.

Hey, hey now. Forgot I moved here? :p

:eek:I forgot you were a tech lol!!! I was thinking you were a car seat mama like me.. man I need to become a tech!

mytwobugs

I agree the car seat use (or misuse) is crazy here. Some friends have awful car seat use even after I try to tell them better options. Makes me sad but I can only try. I hate all the babies I see in stores in buckets with straps so loose they would do no good. :(

CTPDMom

So I sent an e-mail directly to the SK director's e-mail and got an out of office response. Gone until 3/28.

I did ask to consider removing the moderation from the tech list so that we could have a more timely discourse, especially for times like these when she's not around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC