Pics of 2/3 yo in a true fit /ca RF

erinms

Hi all I don't post often but read everyday. Quickly Im not new to ERF and my lo will be 2 on the 2. We turned him FF the other day as my goal was 2 and I had our current seats out for cleaning. It seemed ok until day 2 when our ride was longer and he fell asleep. His little neck literally hung forward and all I could see was what his little limp neck would do in an accident. I immediately came home, ordered a truefit and turned his current seat RF again. I am looking for pics to compare leg room in a boulevard/marathon to a true fit and CA. I would like to replace my seat in the truck as well and a true fit will for sure not fit 3 across. I was thinking CA possibly but if the leg room is not much different from the marathon thats in there then its not really needed. Any comparision would be great. Just for info my lo is about 24 lbs and 34 inch. Don't know torso height. We drive a 2003 silverado quad cab and a 2003 suburban with capt. chairs. Thanks all! Oh and my new RF goal is 3. Im kinda a in the middle type of person. I can't see doing it until 5 but 1 is too early.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
I don't have comparison but here is Gage at about 2 in the TF.
CIMG0403.jpg

He RF in it until 2.5 when he got too close to 35lbs for my comfort.

kittykate

P1010173.jpg

True Fit Premier at 3.5ish (excuse the lowish chest clip, I moved it up before we left!)

P1010177.jpg

True Fit Premier at 3.5ishish

P1010099.jpg

Same child in a rf Marathon a month earlier

P1010090.jpg

Another angle.

Hope that helps!

erinms

Thanks so much for your very quick responses. Ok so it appears that the car makes a difference too. It seems that the CA and TF have about the same leg room? Is this correct from experience?

Laurett- your lo looks tiny. What is her height? Do you like one seat over another? She looks great in the My ride too.

I am a britax snob by default as with all 6 kids that is what I have used from convertable to boosters. I like the straps on the britax more than any seat i have seen. Im worried I won't like the TF/CA straps or fabric. I ordered the brown retro rails. I know pics are often deceptive so I am hopeing it's not ugly. I know doesn't matter but again coming from britax it's a hard transition.

NannyMom

Thanks so much for your very quick responses. Ok so it appears that the car makes a difference too. It seems that the CA and TF have about the same leg room? Is this correct from experience?

Laurett- your lo looks tiny. What is her height? Do you like one seat over another? She looks great in the My ride too.

I am a britax snob by default as with all 6 kids that is what I have used from convertable to boosters. I like the straps on the britax more than any seat i have seen. Im worried I won't like the TF/CA straps or fabric. I ordered the brown retro rails. I know pics are often deceptive so I am hopeing it's not ugly. I know doesn't matter but again coming from britax it's a hard transition.

The Evenflo big convertibles, True Fit and Radian have the most legroom.

christineka

I'm not a britax snob, but I now have 4 britax seats in my van! Crazy! Anyway, I really like the true fit. It feels very solid and is easy to adjust and install. If you think the cover is hideous, look on swap for something you like better. All the true fit covers fit on all true fits, though the older ones don't have a window for the recline indicator.

urchin_grey

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the straps on the TF. They aren't super twisty or anything like my (older) Scenera, but they do seem to fold a bit on the edges. I'm not a fan of the continuous harness either. I definitely prefer the straps on the Radian (which is why its Bram's main seat).

msg221

Here are Zain and Nour in a TFP and a MA70. At a minimum, they were 28 months in this picture. I can't remember exactly when this pic was taken, but I didn't get that MA70 until Sept 2010 so that is how I estimated their age. They are going to be 3 in May and are still RF in these seats.

P1020558-1-1.jpg

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
I've got pics of a 5.25 yr old RF in the Complete Air. I can get pics in an hour if you're interested.

emandbri

I have some.

Here is Elizabeth at 2 years 8 months in the true fit

DSC02313.JPG

Here she is in the complete air a little over 3.

photo.jpg

erinms

Ok just a quick update. My TF came today thanks to diapers.com. Overall its a nice seat but there are things I am fussy about. The good is that lo had tons of room head and leg. I love the cover snaps, boy would that make things easy. Ok the not so great. 1) When I installed it it wasn't the easiest. I had to literally pull until my hands were red. The orange strap that attaches the latch strap to the seat was in the way of the lock offs. 2) even though the seta is in and secure and no movement at the belt it still seems wiggly in other areas. I know thats ok but my Britax installs like it was welded to the seat. i could shake my car with it.3) The straps seems thin and flimsy and seem wide on lo shoulders. Not sure what to do. Why can't britax make a seat with more room for petes sake?

abbi_n_nadia

I do think it is ok and safe but I agree after having a Britax installed other seats never seem as secure. I also wish Britax would make their seats with more legroom.

We have a TF also and at first I had a hard time getting it installed and struggled with it alot but it gets easier everytime you do it. :)

Eta: here's my dd1 at almost 3 in the TF and around the same time in the boulevard.

5449_1102310879048_1265006074_30263.jpg

HPIM6402-1.jpg

Last edited:

NannyMom

Here's my tip to installation, and it seems to get just as solid as the Britax Marathon I had.... Take off the headrest. Stand behind the true fit in the car. Use my body to push down on the top of the true fit, while tightening the latch. Also.... most people have cut that orange strap because it does get in the way. Its only job is to attach the latch strap to the seat, so it doesn't get lost.

emars002

I have pics of a TF, a marathon and a boulevard. DD was almost 2 at the time, I think she was between 15-30 lbs then. I guess I didn't any pics in those seats after that:eek: She RF in her MA until 33 months old

DSC_0472.jpg
she was over 2 in this one

these were on the same day:
DSC01144.jpg
DSC01143.jpg

autumnlily

Here are my girls at 2y11m2w old. In the True Fit Premier is Etta. She is just shy of 30lbs and wears a solid size 2T. In the CA is Grace. She is 27lbs and a size 2T is still a tad long but they stay up on her hips.

I prefer loading them in the True Fit and was able to get it more upright than the CA. But Grace adores her CA... so that counts too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC