Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

No recline for RF TrueFit?

I've read a couple times that it's not necessary to recline the TrueFit for rear-facing. Is that specified in the manual, or did it come from a rep, or what?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: No recline for RF TrueFit?

For the regular TF it says several times in the manual you must have the foot in the rear facing recline position rear facing.

Maybe they meant the recline on the Recline and Premier?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

At least in the manual for the TFP, the only thing they say about using the recline mode (page 48) is that it is an option for both RF & FF modes. DD's TFP is not in recline mode RFing & I don't think it ever has been. It helps tremendously in the Forester.
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching

THe TF must be in recline. the TFR and TFP have an additional recline feature, that is optional. And it says that in the manual.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    THe TF must be in recline. the TFR and TFP have an additional recline feature, that is optional. And it says that in the manual.
    Yeah, that. The rebound bar has to be reclined, but the lever has the option to be reclined in either of the two "zones".

The manual, pages 47/48. http://content.learningcurve.com/con...uctions_EN.pdf

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

CPS Technician

I just called and asked about this the other day...the true fit recline requires that the recline foot to be in the recline position...and the true fit premiere also requires the recline to be in use....its ONLY the true fit original that doesnt require it..I had to call for my own seat which is the true fit recline and it seemed pretty reclined for my 3 yr old but they said its required

Casey CPST mommy to
    Rhett 2008-37.5 in 29 lbs ERF in True Fit
    Madyn 2009-28 in and 18 lbs RF in OnSide Air

CPS Technician

The manual for the recline says "Move the recline foot to the rear facing position and place this restraint in a rear facing position" the says use a towel or pool noodle but it does not give an option for not useing the recline foot

Casey CPST mommy to

CPS Technician

Okay I should rephrase my original statement....I only know for sure that the true fit recline requires that the recline foot be in the recline position when RF

Casey CPST mommy to

The confusion is coming in because some true fits have 1 method of recline, and some have 2. Let me try to spell it out....

Original True Fit- recline foot must be used. There is no additional recline method

True Fit Recline- recline foot must be used. Additional recline (it is similar to Britax's only recline) is optional

True Fit Premiere- anti rebound bar must be out (this is in place of a recline foot). Additional recline is optional.

So they all must use 1 normal recline mode. But 2 models have an additional recline feature that is optional.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus

11. Thank You from:

CPS Technician

what is the additional recline on the TF recline? Are you saying like the additional recline is the green nobby thingy haha i dont know what else to call it

Casey CPST mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by casey_446 View Post
    what is the additional recline on the TF recline? Are you saying like the additional recline is the green nobby thingy haha i dont know what else to call it
    I guess so. I've never seen a TFR in person, so I don't know the color. I have a TFP, and it's yellow. Look up this thread at the manual pictures Mae posted. Where is says 7.9 Recline Adjustment. That's the additional (optional) recline.