Car Seat Safety on Blue's Clues

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
So I'm sitting here watching Blue's Clues and they're about to go in a car. Joe asked where Blue's booster should go: the front seat or the back seat. Then he said, "Yeah, the back seat. It's so cool that we get to ride back here!" :thumbsup:

Now they're making a big deal about making sure to buckle up.

Of course I'm not sure Blue is old enough or heavy enough for a backless booster, but considering most dogs ride unrestrained, I suppose it's a step in the right direction. (Her seat even has a belt guide!)

Considering the show is for preschoolers it would be nice to show harnesses, but I figure she show is at least, what, five or six years old?

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
:love: that's still great. Blue's Clues was in when my almost 16 year old brother was little.

Sunshy9

Thats awesome!! I used to watch Blues Clues when I was back in Elementary School and I'm 23 now, so longer than that :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
This was one of the later episodes because it's when the clues song about themselves. I'll have to look it up to see when it ended.

Edit: this one says 2003, so eight years? (Yeah, I'm good at math :rolleyes:)

MonkeysMom615

Blue weighs 40#. The only reason I know this is b/c before dinner we were also watching Blues Clues (on Netflix) and it was an episode where she went to the doctor. :D

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
MonkeysMom615 said:
Blue weighs 40#. The only reason I know this is b/c before dinner we were also watching Blues Clues (on Netflix) and it was an episode where she went to the doctor. :D

I guess she meets the requirements, then. And eight years ago there weren't a whole lot of harnessed seats that would hold her, so I suppose it's actually best practice.

But I've gotta know how the heck that little dog weighs 40 lbs. That's one dense puppy.

MonkeysMom615

I guess she meets the requirements, then. And eight years ago there weren't a whole lot of harnessed seats that would hold her, so I suppose it's actually best practice.

But I've gotta know how the heck that little dog weighs 40 lbs. That's one dense puppy.

Oh my gosh...pregnancy brain strikes again! Blue weighs 20#! I was thinking 20 but typed 40. :doh: Wish the baby would stop eating my brain. :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I joined the Blue's buckle up for safety campaign way back then (long before there was a Joe, but I don't remember what year, lol)...they sent the kids little bracelets in cardboard tubes, IIRC. It was a big, advertised dealio all over NickJr... :thumbsup:
I'd probably know more about later shows, but Leah only watches it on Netflix, and ONLY the episodes with Steve, she doesn't like how Joe sings :rolleyes:

hrice

That's great! I have always liked that Sid the Science Kid rides in a booster in the back seat too :thumbsup:

And I had NO idea Blue's Clues had new episodes :eek: My 9 year old used to watch it. Is it still on Nick? We're a Disney Jr family.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
hrice said:
That's great! I have always liked that Sid the Science Kid rides in a booster in the back seat too :thumbsup:

And I had NO idea Blue's Clues had new episodes :eek: My 9 year old used to watch it. Is it still on Nick? We're a Disney Jr family.

Well, they're not new, just currently aired. We watched it on Noggin.

scariestone

I noticed that too and was impressed. I also noticed on calliou that this little sister rides in a harnessed seat and he rides in a booster. I'm pretty sure those episodes are about 10 years old so not too shabby.

Kat_Momof3

even back before Joe, that's how that show was... ford used to sponser a blues clues car safety site with games and stuff for kids... periwinkle was supposed to be about 3-4 and rode in a harnessed seat... blue is supposed to be 4-6 and used her backless booster.

I miss that site... it was the first one Damian ever played on.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Wow, if they just did this with every show it would sure help with the negative reaction to the new recommendations.
Probably more for parents than kids, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC