Evenflo Big Kid Sport Pictures

Mommy2Marcus

So, I got pictures of Marcus in the Evenflo Big Kid Sport today. Here he is. He is 4 1/2 years old, 38ishlbs (depending on the day), wears a 3T-4T in short, 4T or 5T for pants, 4-5 for shirts, has a 14.5-15 inch torso & is 42-43 inches tall. This is for my MIL's truck, he will be harnessed with me & DH for at least another year or so.

P.S. Please ignore the dirtyness of my child. He has been at my MIL's playing outside all day with his cousins. He is not normally this dirty. ;) He will also be getting a bath later. :)

What do you think of the belt fit??

Here it is on the 1st position, all the way down:
013-12.jpg

014-9.jpg

Here it is on the 2nd position, one up:
011-12.jpg

Overall view on 2nd position:
010-12.jpg

Lap belt fit: (I think it looks really good)
012-10.jpg

Also here is the headrest of the Sport nekkid. There is no EPS foam at all anywhere on the seat. :(
020-4.jpg

For comparison here he is in the Evenflo Big Kid:
029-1.jpg

Also here he is in the Maestro as a booster:
005-19.jpg

And just for fun, here he is in the Harmony Lite Rider: (DISCLAIMER: HE IS TO LITTLE FOR THIS SEAT, IT IS FOR MY 7YO NEPHEW) I was very suprised at how good the lap belt fit him in this, but the shoulder belt was just so so.
018-5.jpg

019-5.jpg

ADS

New grandma

He is too cute!

I really don't know much about boosters, but the lap belt looks really good to me. I liked the second picture a little better on the shoulder belt, but it is hard to tell where the edge of his shoulder is.

Is he scooted all the way back in the second set of pictures?

Mommy2Marcus

He is too cute!

I really don't know much about boosters, but the lap belt looks really good to me. I liked the second picture a little better on the shoulder belt, but it is hard to tell where the edge of his shoulder is.

Is he scooted all the way back in the second set of pictures?

Thanks! I think he is a little cutie to, but I might be a bit biased. ;) Yeah, I see that now. The edge of his shoulder is about 1 1/2-2 inches away from the edge of the shoulder belt in the bottom set of pictures.

Also, yes he is scooted all the way back in all the pictures. I make sure to check that before I started & he stayed that way for the most part. :)

alake

I like the looks of that seat. My five year old is roughly the same size as your son, almost exactly, but I think he is 2" taller. She stands 41" tall. I appreciate you also posting some pics of him in the Maestro. I am getting one as a travel seat, for Leah, but the Canadian version, for when we are flying, but it will be used as a spare booster seat for Summer if she goes out with friends. I haven't been able to see one in person yet, can't find one in my area, and am going to have to order it online. Your son is cutie!!

Kat_Momof3

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HIS HAIR!?!?

:crying:

seriously, though... the belt fit is perfect... I'm glad to see that there seems to be equal space inside the seat of the amp base vs. the old BK base. I'd definitely use the 2nd position.

I see the evenflo site was wrong on the eps foam and pivoting armrests (I think someone just copied/pasted from the dlx info)... but for only 30 dollars, I'm cool with that.... especially as the backless goes for only 5 dollars less... for only 5 dollars more, I think people with smaller booster riders will be more likely to opt for the highback.

Mommy2Marcus

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HIS HAIR!?!?

:crying:

seriously, though... the belt fit is perfect... I'm glad to see that there seems to be equal space inside the seat of the amp base vs. the old BK base. I'd definitely use the 2nd position.

I see the evenflo site was wrong on the eps foam and pivoting armrests (I think someone just copied/pasted from the dlx info)... but for only 30 dollars, I'm cool with that.... especially as the backless goes for only 5 dollars less... for only 5 dollars more, I think people with smaller booster riders will be more likely to opt for the highback.

LOL Kat! That is the product of his Daddy having a shaved head & him wanting to be like Daddy! :) It is not my favorite cut, but it will grow back & quite quickly. ;) I was also hoping that you would comment.

I am glad to hear that the fit is as good as I thought it was. I really like it the very little I have used it. Marcus seems to like it to. I am going to put it in my MIL's truck tomorrow & double check his fit there. I think it will be good there to. I am also going to show her how to route the belts properly & leave it there.

Yes, the Evenflo site was very wrong as it has neither EPS foam or pivoting arm rests. :confused: on how the Evenflo site got that wrong. In the end though, I am happy with it for the money I paid for it.

christineka

Yes, the Evenflo site was very wrong as it has neither EPS foam or pivoting arm rests. :confused: on how the Evenflo site got that wrong. In the end though, I am happy with it for the money I paid for it.

Evenflo's website is just not very good. They list the symphony 65 E3 as rfing to 40 pounds, but it goes to 40. I remember they had the new tributes listed with the old info for years. They must not pay their web techs enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC