Carseat Measurement/Data Spreadsheets need updating

MomToEliEm

The Carseat Measurements/Data spreadsheets have now been active for over a year. The same data is also accessible via the Carseat Quick Information - Measurements & Feature Capsules forum on this board. The info is suppose to be an good source for gathering information quickly on a variety of seats. The spreadsheets list measurements, manufacturer stated limits and comments. Also, if an online manual is found, I include those manual links.

A lot of the measurements were supplied by only one source, which may or may not be accurate. Also, some data is still missing on many seats. I think it is time to do some updating and verification of data on the spreadsheets.

If you have access to a carseat or booster, please check your data to what is listed on the chart. If you get something different, please submit your own measurements. Even if you get the same measurements, I don't mind you submitting it so that I can use it as verification that the data is accurate. You can submit your data using the below links:
Infant Carseat Submission Form
Convertible Carseat Submission Form
Combination Carseat Submission Form
Dedicated Booster Carseat Submission Form

Below is a list of seats that are still missing data, so if you have access to one of these seats, I would really appreciate any data you might be able to provide. If you have access to one of the new seats on the market that I don't have listed yet in the spreadsheet, feel free to submit that data as well.

Britax Companion
Chicco Keyfit 22
Chicco Keyfit 30
Combi Centre
Evenflo Discovery 5
Evenfo Embrace
Graco SnugRide 30
Mia Moda Certo/Viva Supreme
Team Tex America Baby Ride (institutional seat)

Britax Boulevard 70
Britax Roudabout 55
Combi Zeus 360
Cosco Alpha Omega (50lb version)
Evenflo Momentum 65
Evenflo Titan
Evenflo Tribute 5
Evenflo Triumph (40 lb version)
Graco Comfortsport
Maxi-Cosi Priori
Orbit Toddler Seat
Recaro ProRide
Safety 1st Avenue
Sunshine Kids Radian 65
Sunshine Kids Radian 65SL
Sunshine Kids Radian 80
Sunshine Kids Radian 80SL
TriplePlay/Lilly Gold Sit N Stroll

Cosco Apex
Cosco/Eddie Bauer/Safety 1st Deluxe High Back/Summit
Evenflo Chase/Express
Graco Cozy Cline/SafeSeat 2
Graco Nautilus Elite
KidsEmbrace Toddler/Booster Seat
Recaro Young Sport
Safeguard Child Seat
Safety 1st Go Hybrid
Safety 1st Vantage Point/Surveyor
Safety 1st/Eddie Bauer Prospect/Adjustable High Back

Britax Parkway SG
Britax Parkway SGL
Combi Dakota
Combi Kobuk
Cosco Ambassador/Highrise
Cosco Pronto
Cosco Traveler
Eddie Bauer Autobooster
Evenflo Big Kid Confidence
Evenflo Big Kid Sport
Graco Airbooster
Harmony Baby Armor/Dreamtime Comfort/Olympian/V6
Maxi-Cosi Rodi XR
Recaro Start
Safety 1st Boost Air Protect
The First Years B500/B05
The First Years B510
The First Years B530/B540
The First Years B570

Last edited:
ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I have a couple of Cosco Highrise boosters but it looks like you have measurements on the spreadsheet for them. Is there anything else you need for them?

MomToEliEm

I have a couple of Cosco Highrise boosters but it looks like you have measurements on the spreadsheet for them. Is there anything else you need for them?

Did you get the same measurements that were listed? I really would like for people to verify existing measurements to, just to verify that they are correct.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I get 14 inches for internal seating depth and 15 inches external seating depth on the Cosco Highrise. For the other measurements I get the same measurements that you already have.

Pixels

I know I've done some of my seats, but I don't remember which ones. I remember entering my screen name on the submission form. Do you have records of who entered which numbers? I wouldn't want to resubmit and "vote" twice.

The Radians all have identical shells, so you should be able to combine the numbers from the various models. The way it's broken up now, different models appear to be different sizes.

knkdt

I added info for the Chaperone and Marathon 70. I forgot to add the weight of the advocate when I filled it out earlier :eek:, it is 21lbs.

MomToEliEm

I know I've done some of my seats, but I don't remember which ones. I remember entering my screen name on the submission form. Do you have records of who entered which numbers? I wouldn't want to resubmit and "vote" twice.

Here are the seats I have submitted by you.
Baby Trend Flex Loc
Orbit Toddler
<there might be some other convertibles carseat, but I had a mishap with that one spreadsheet and lost some of the initial submitted data for it. I still had the master, but I don't know who submitted the data for it>

For the radian measurements, which measurements do you think are accurate. Right now, in the radian post on this board, I consolidated them to the show the following. I have had a wide range of measurements submitted for the radian so it is hard to know what is correct. If I could have verification that these are correct (or get more accurate than the range I list), I can update the other spreadsheet so that they are all the same. I will still have separate lines for each since they have different manuals and some different limits and features.

Radian Measurements:
Lowest Harness Height: 7.5-8.5 in.
Highest Harness Height: 17 in.
Shortest Buckle Position: 3.5 in.
Longest Buckle Position: 6.75-7.5 in.
Crotch Buckle Length: 4.25-5.5 in.
Internal Seating Depth: 12.5-13 in.
Internal Seating Height: 25 in.
Internal Bottom Width: 10-10.5 in.
Internal Shoulder Width: 12.5-14 in.
External Seat Width: 17.25 in.
Seat Weight: 23 (non SuperLATCH) / 25 lb. (seats with SuperLATCH)

Pixels

I'm pretty sure the info you have for the CS is from me. I added more and remeasured. Some of my measurements today were pretty different than what's in the database already, so I resubmitted.

jess71903

Ambassador
I did the True Fit the other day ( and I think you already repped me for that), and I have the MyRide in the house right now, so I'll submit it when I have a chance. After that, I'll have submitted for all the seats I have!

Pixels

The Orbit Infant seat G2 (not generation one) and Toddler Seat have new weight and height ratings. This fact sheet also lists harness heights, which are drastically different than what is in the database.

The info you have in the database isn't from me. I've never seen one IRL.

MomToEliEm

The Orbit Infant seat G2 (not generation one) and Toddler Seat have new weight and height ratings. This fact sheet also lists harness heights, which are drastically different than what is in the database.

The info you have in the database isn't from me. I've never seen one IRL.

Thanks for the info on the updated weights. It should now be updated.

As for the height difference, I pulled most of the measurements from the carseatblog review and http://carseatblog.com/5668/orbit-toddler-car-seat-review-the-next-step/ as this isn't a seat that most people have. Maybe I will review that measurement sheet orbit has to see where the differences are. Maybe their measurements are with the cover off.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC