Which seat would you use for 15mo old?

abbi_n_nadia

Out of the seats I have which one would you put my 15 month old dd in?

Marathon 70, I just bought this and I'm not in love with it. Zoe dosnt seem to like it either. I think the hugs freak her out and with the deep sides she is kind of lost in it and can't see my other dd, if it would fit next to the FR85 then they could see/reach each other but I can't find any possible way to put it next to the FR85. And also it seems really upright and her head flops when she falls asleep (which I know some people are ok with but I don't like it).

Radian XTSL, I didn't think this would work RFing in our car but we got it in there the other day! I can't believe it but it seems to work, just had to do a seatbelt install with me and dh both working at it and we got it super tight and upright enough that it wasnt touching the back of the front seat and I could still sit comfortably with enough leg room in the front seat. Dd seemed comfy in it and didn't complain. And no head flop when she slept. And I *think* we could put the FR85 in the middle with LBP and the XTSL next to it on the passengers side. I wish it was more padded though cause we have a 4 hour drive back and forth quite often. Seems like the MA would be more comfy with all the padding.

True fit, she rode in this for 3 or 4 months already and did fine in it except for no head support. I was always worried about her head having to lean allll the way over to rest on the side. It's so wide! I would usually end up stopping so I could reach back and put a blanket next to her head for it to rest on. And I haven't tried it next to the FR85 but I'm guessing it wouldn't work since they are both so wide...anybody know?

she's 15 months and last time measured she was 30in and about 25lbs. We have a 09 Toyota matrix and all the seats mentioned above but I'm thinking about returning the Marathon and either using one of the other seats we already have or maybe getting a RA50 or...? We have a black car with black interior and it would be awesome to have both seats be cowmoo. :whistle: But really all I want is Zoe to be comfy and happy (and safe of course!).

Anyways I just cant decide what to do. Should I keep the MA? Get a pool noodle to get it more reclined? Can I take the hugs off? Or return it? Is there any other seats that fit next to the FR85? The MyRide? Sorry this is so long! I'm probably way overthinking this like usual. :eek: TIA if anybody took the time to read through my silly rambling. :eek:

ADS

abbi_n_nadia

Thank you! I thought I remembered reading that on here before but wasn't sure and its hard to tell from the manuel because one place says you must use them FFing (so i was assuming you dont have to for RFing) and then in the care and maintenance section it says DO NOT remove the HUGS chest pads from the harness straps. :confused:

hrice

Thank you! I thought I remembered reading that on here before but wasn't sure and its hard to tell from the manuel because one place says you must use them FFing (so i was assuming you dont have to for RFing) and then in the care and maintenance section it says DO NOT remove the HUGS chest pads from the harness straps. :confused:

Just put them somewhere safe so will have them when you need them. :D

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I've had the BV70 next to the FR85 with no problems. BUT, I have a Suburban, so that may be why...I have tons of room!!

abbi_n_nadia

Ugh so frustrating! I had about decided to return the Marathon and just use the XTSL since I THOUGHT it would fit next to the FR85 but it won't work. I'm going to try again when dh gets home but I just don't think it will work. My backseat is just awful. I'd really like the girls to be right next to each other (one in the middle and one outboard passengers side and behind the drivers side would be open) so they can play on the long drives. Anybody know if the MR will fit smushed up next to the FR85?

We've been playing with the idea of getting a different (bigger) car for me and trade in DHs alero and he would then drive the matrix but we just aren't sure about adding in another payment. We have the money to pay off the matrix and then we wouldnt have any car payments anymore since both cars would be paid off but then if we get another car.... But if we decide to have another LO within the next couple years we will need a bigger car anyways. Decisions decisions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC