Impressed with insurance adjuster

swtgi1982

She told me once replaced to cut the straps and damage the seat some how so no one could dumpster dive for an unsafe seat! Wow! Impressive. Most just say to dispose of it.

So anyways if replacing an On Board 35 what would you get? This is an insurance claim so I must stay with same price as the On Boad so roughly 100. Adjuster said I can replace with convertible as long as it is same in price. DS is only 20.5lbs at almost 16 mon old so weight is not an issue. He is following same growth pattern as his older brother if not a little behind weight wise now. And older DS just out grew scenera at just over three RF. Also thus is not a primary seat just in seconday car. Just happened to be in primary car during accident. And due to being occupied insurance insisting on replacing. Yes State Farm is good with replacement. Anyways I was thinking of just getting a scenera 40RF or an On side air. Just since they are basically the same thing would it be crazy to get the on side air?

Any other ideas for under 100? I really want to 40lb RF limit but nit necessary since my 5 year old just went over that weight wise. But I am worried that this shorty will need it since he is starting to grow now that we have his food allergies finally under control. He is on the short side. My friends four month old and six month olds are the same height as him :whistle: and they are just above the 60th percentiles for their age so not crazy large.

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yay for the insurance adjuster :thumbsup:

I don't think you'd be crazy for getting an OnSide Air over a Scenera 40RF. You could also look at the Evenflo Titan. I'm not sure the RF limit, but I know of a few people who love their Titan.

tarabelle

Can't you replace with a more expensive seat and have the insurance just reimburse what you paid for the Onboard? Another 30-40 dollars opens up quite a few more options for convertibles (MyRide, TrueFit, ETA etc)

all together ooky

We just had a crash too and have State Farm. I didn't even have to bring up seat replcement (they brought it up). The car was a "total loss" so I just left the carseats in the car (I didn't remember to cut the straps-oops). I was told to just turn in the receipt for the new seats and they'd cut me check. Gosh, if I was in your situation I'd just get the carseat I want and then get the reimbursement they'd pay for the Onboard. (Like tarabelle said)

tarabelle

I really like our MyRide. It's DH's favorite of all our seats because he finds it simple and easy to use. Walmart usually has them for about $120ish which IMO makes it one of the best "bangs for your buck" and would be my personal pick if it fit in my vehicle.

TrueFits can also be found in that price range (amazon has one for 139). Amazon has a RA 55 for 169 also

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC