Uh oh - new Tribune article

ADS

firemomof3

I loved how the dr was showing how the seatbelt was resting on his tummy :thumbsup: I thought it was a great article :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I couldn't see whatever was in top because it requires Flash player and I'm on my iPad, but the article was pretty good.

hrice

"drive defensively, pay attention when you're driving with your kids in the car. I feel like doing that kind of thing will go a lot further than the additional year of a kid jammed in backward in their car seat."

:sick:
We need a puking in a bucket emoticon.

chay

from the comments below the article - ROFLMAO

"ReeKavok at 12:03 PM March 23, 2011

I don't think anyone should be held responsible for the health or safety of their children. Whatever they feel is best, then that's the best. Asa matter of fact, I don't think anyone should have to wear seatbelts, either. I don't think the auto manufacturers should have to include seatbelts at all - they are uncomfortable, and I rip them out, first thing, in every car I buy. I disable the airbags, too - how dare they interfere with my right to smash my own face through the windshield?

Yep. I let the kids stand up on the front seat, 'cause they like that best. And the dog sits in my lap while I eat a cheeseburger and tweet my tweets and smoke my menthol cigarettes, and heck be damned!"

Hollyob

"drive defensively, pay attention when you're driving with your kids in the car. I feel like doing that kind of thing will go a lot further than the additional year of a kid jammed in backward in their car seat."

Yeah, but that mom has one of those invisible force fields in and around her car. Even drunk drivers bounce right off. Heck, she can take the kids off-roading without even seatbelts, and they will be magically protected because she is paying attention and driving defensively.

Sigh.

I left a comment (Roma). We'll see where it goes. At least the comments aren't as bad as those that followed the original article.

Baylor

Yeah, but that mom has one of those invisible force fields around her car. Even drunk drivers bounce right off. Heck, she can take the kids off-roading without even seatbelts, and they will be magically protected because she is paying attention and driving defensively.

Sigh.

I left a comment (Roma). We'll see where it goes. At least the comments aren't as bad as those that followed the original article.

Amazing how Obtuse some people are.

laudymama

:sick:
We need a puking in a bucket emoticon.

I would really love to know what people that make comments on safety articles like these see when they watch the crash test videos of FF vs RF!! It is soo obviously safer. I'm glad I don't wear their glasses!!
And totally love the idea of a puking in a bucket emoticon!! A one sticking a finger down the throat gagging would be great too!

Brianna

My aunt- the wife to a chief of police- said "Sitting backwards at that age is not easy for them... and the poor kid who gets teased for being small has to still sit in a car seat... I don't know... We should just hit the bad drivers with harder laws" :eek:

I couldn't believe she said that! I assumed that her husband would be on the safe side, as he's seen small children hurt in accidents...

And do you really have to be a bad driver to hit a patch of ice and slide off the road into a telephone pole? :hitselfonhead:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
"drive defensively, pay attention when you're driving with your kids in the car. I feel like doing that kind of thing will go a lot further than the additional year of a kid jammed in backward in their car seat.

Actually -- I don't totally disagree with that. If *everyone* drove defensively, paid attention, stopped driving impaired or distracted? Then we might not NEED to have our kids sit backwards for so long. The vast majority of crashes are caused by distraction or impairment.

But, the fact of the matter is, even if *we* drive undistracted and unimpaired, not everyone will do so... which means to counteract their stupidity and selfishness, we need to protect our kids as best we possibly can. (Further, not ALL accidents are caused by this... says the girl who managed to end up on the *wrong side of the highway* while paying 110% attention in a snowstorm last year. THAT is why my kids will be protected as best I possibly can, for as long as I possibly can.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC