Tech Class + Orbit Baby

morninglori

Day 2 of my tech class done. I'm having a good time. The curriculum is pretty straightforward, but some of the instructors go really fast, so there are some really confused people. We did some hands on work today and I think that helped a bunch of people. I have been trying to partner with a few people who are struggling, and it is really neat when they kinda "click" and understand what the book was saying.

Lots of firefighters, police, nurses and public service types. A couple baby store people, and a Manufacturer CS person-from OrbitBaby! I didn't realize that Orbit is in the Bay Area. I talked to the guy about if they do engineering at their facility, and they do! I'm a Mechanical Engineer and would LOVE to work for a manufacturer. This would be my dream job....just have to network and see what I can do for myself. He said that they have 6 engineers on staff and they are all CPST trained.

Anyway, the CS guy brought in the new Orbit infant and toddler seats (I think he is donating them to the class??) - the ones that were retested at the higher limits, and if anyone wants any measurements or anything from these seats, I would be happy to report. I'm hoping to use this seat for my eval and can report back any of that too if anyone is interested.
:)

ADS

Mae

Anyway, the CS guy brought in the new Orbit infant and toddler seats (I think he is donating them to the class??) - the ones that were retested at the higher limits, and if anyone wants any measurements or anything from these seats, I would be happy to report.

Whaaa? There's a new Orbit system?! They retested to higher limits? How did I miss this?

morninglori

there is this on the c-s org blog...http://carseatblog.com/9339/great-news-from-orbit-baby/ from March 15.

So I suppose they are the same seats as before, just tested at higher limits...the CS guy said they were the "new ones" that were tested at the higher limits. So I suppose they were the most recently tested and labeled ones. They are still pretty neat, and the covers are plush and "green". This seat does have some nice, parent friendly features.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I didn't realize you were in the Bay Area. Traci and Mel are sooo easy to talk to, so don't be afraid to ask for them to slow down if things are going too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

morninglori

I didn't realize you were in the Bay Area. Traci and Mel are sooo easy to talk to, so don't be afraid to ask for them to slow down if things are going too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Yep, I am over here in the Far East Bay. I have been volunteering with Traci for the past couple years at her LPD checks, it works well with my lunch hour and it is close to work/home. Traci and Jerry are pretty fast during their lecture, but I think they are trying to get it presented, and then get outside to get the hands on part. There is a LOT to cover in the short time they have. I think Mel is an awesome Instructor.:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC