Evenflo Big Kid Sport

Mommy2Marcus

So, I went to Wal-Mart last night to get the Evenflo Big Kid for Marcus. They were completely out & all they had was the Evenflo Big Kid Sport. I waivered back & forth for a few minutes, but decided to go ahead & get it. So, I got it, brought it home, put it together & took Marcus out to the car to test his fit. I thought it was a good fit for him.

I also took a couple of pictures of him in it, but have not downloaded them onto the computer. I will be back with them later. I am not sure how good they will be b/c it was dark when I tried it out. It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can get any more of him in it b/c he is at my MIL's spending the night. So I will get a few better ones of him tomorrow afternoon to share.

So, while I will be taking pictures tomorrow, does anyone have any specific requests for measurements or pictures? I also have a new Harmony Lite Rider in Camo for my nephew (7YO) to use when he is with me. His is a backless turbo with no screws that has also been in a wreck. :(

ADS

MomToEliEm

That seat is currently missing in the carseat measurements/data spreadsheet. Do you think you could gather the typical booster measurements and submit it to the spreadsheet? If so, here is the link to submit the data:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE6MA

Here is some of the info I am needing for the spreadsheet:

Lowest belt guide height
highest belt guide height
tallest internal seating height
tallest external seating height (whole seat height)
Internal Base Seating Depth (measure the depth of the base with the back on)
External Base Seating Depth (measure to depth of the base without the back on)
Internal Seating Width (measurement inside width armrest to armrest)
External Base Seating Width (measure the maximum width of the base)
Maximum External Width of booster back
weight of highback booster (back+base)
Weight of backless booster (base only)
any mfg limits for booster user, latch use, expiration, etc.

Mommy2Marcus

That seat is currently missing in the carseat measurements/data spreadsheet. Do you think you could gather the typical booster measurements and submit it to the spreadsheet? If so, here is the link to submit the data:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHhtQ2FGOHRmVERoQ3laUWhwcU5WSEE6MA

Lowest belt guide height
highest belt guide height
tallest internal seating height
Internal Base Seating Depth (measure the depth of the base with the back on)
Internal Seating Width (measurement inside width armrest to armrest)
External Base Seating Width (measure the maximum width of the base)

Sure, I can do that for you. But, it will be tomorrow before I get to it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hope it fits well. I'm just so :confused: that you are choosing to ignore even the bare minimums for moving to a booster, though? 4 AND 40 pounds. Why can't you use a Maestro in that one situation, again? I'm sure there's some reason, but I can't fathom a guess...?

ericarizo

Not sure if I measured correctly but here is a few I got.

Lowest belt guide height-15.5
highest belt guide height-19.5
tallest internal seating height-29
Internal Base Seating Depth (measure the depth of the base with the back on)-12.5
Internal Seating Width (measurement inside width armrest to armrest)-11
External Base Seating Width (measure the maximum width of the base)-16
With back on, 30-100lbs, 38-57in, at least 3yrs. old.
Without back on, 40-100lbs, 40-57in, at least 3yrs. old, top of head must be below top of headrest.
No LATCH
Mine was manufactured 12/22/2010 and expires 12/21/2016

Mommy2Marcus

I can't wait to see pics! oh, and see if the thing has eps foam like evenflo's website says it does.

I am fixing to run out to the car with Marcus & get a few pictures of him in it. I will be back with them shortly. I am also pretty sure it does not have any EPS foam in it, but I will double check it.

Hope it fits well. I'm just so :confused: that you are choosing to ignore even the bare minimums for moving to a booster, though? 4 AND 40 pounds. Why can't you use a Maestro in that one situation, again? I'm sure there's some reason, but I can't fathom a guess...?

Sigh, I am not trying to ignore the bare minimums. The booster will NOT be for full time use. It will be for the very very occasional trips he rides with my MIL. The reason I am moving him to a booster in her truck is b/c she can not install a harnessed seat properly & will not leave one installed for him. It is also not an option for him NOT to stay with her or for her to NOT go anywhere when she has him. I have tried to explain it all to her, but she just does not understand.

So for the sake of safety, I have made the parental decision to move him to a good fitting high back booster in her truck rather than him ride in an improperly installed seat. She can buckle him in properly in the booster, as I have seen it. She also does not have to worry about it being installed, she can put it in the truck, route the belt through the shouldr belt path & buckle him up.

He is also pretty close to 40lbs now. He is right about 38lbs. So while not the best thing in the world, he is SO much safer in a high back booster with her I feel. While I understand that a harness is better & feel the same myself, I had to make a very hard decision. Please do not flame me. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC