Pricing furniture?

jessclear

I have 4 pieces of baby furniture to sell and have no idea how to start at a decent price for CL.

I have 2 new in box Jardine cribs that go from crib to day bed, no moving parts. They were replacements for our recalled cribs and retail for $150. Again, NIB!

I have one Armoire with 3 drawers down one side, a door on one side, and double size drawer under all that, as well as dresser with two drawers on each side and a door in the middle. There is a place to secure a changing pad to the top if you want to. These have been used for almost 5 years and have a few dings on them. I can't find a stock photo, but know that with crib, dresser, and armoire, we paid between $1000 and $1200. I want them GONE, so low balling if fine.

Any thoughts of pricing these. Please help. We need money and we need these things out of here, STAT!

Clearly, I will not be shipping, local CL only.
TIA!

ADS

Chrissy

2 new in box Jardine cribs

$100 each would be a steal. I might start at $125. You can't get many new cribs in the store for $125. Don't mention original price in the ad.

I have one Armoire with 3 drawers down one side, a door on one side, and double size drawer under all that

$250 low $400 high. This would depend a lot on the size of the item. Kid size furniture or full size?

dresser with two drawers on each side and a door in the middle.

$125 low $250 high

ctbcleveland

You might want to pair them up and sell one with the dresser and one with the armoire?

Or sell one with both pieces of furniture and then the second one solo.

I typically target about 1/3 of retail for used, and maybe 60%-75% of retail for BNIB.

Are these in Columbus or Jersey?

vonfirmath

$100 each would be a steal. I might start at $125. You can't get many new cribs in the store for $125. Don't mention original price in the ad.

I am looking at mini cribs on Craigslist. Things that sell for $188 to $200 new are being sold for $125-$150 on Craigslist, including mattress and sheets. The only reason I am even considering paying that high a percentage of the price on Craigslist is because the mattress itself is an extra expense.

Even if you don't mention original price, a savvy buyer will go check it.

I can easily buy a brand new crib for 20% off the new price so I am looking for something less than that on Craigslist. (Even BNIB. If there is a problem/I decide I don't want it it is WAY easier to take it back to a retail store than to sell it again on Craigslist)

I'd suggest looking at your Craigslist and seeing what things are being priced at there.

Also, as for bundling: My guess is that it is harder to sell stuff bundled together. When I am looking for a dresser but have a crib already, I either don't even see in my search (because I'm looking with a price limit of, say "$200" and the bundled set is higher than that) or immediately close ads that are selling dresser + crib. Because that is not what I want.

PS Brand new jardine in box, with mattress. $100 Our Craigslist. http://austin.craigslist.org/bab/2280232593.html

jessclear

One of the cribs is in Columbus and the rest is in Jersey. Problem with bundling is that the cribs don't match the other two pieces; that's why we aren't keeping both. They ripped us off on a recall replacement and didn't even send us the right color of the 'standard' replacement. They also accidentally sent one crib to each address.

Any way, the two dressers are full size - really big pieces. That's why we don't want to move with them. We want to start over with DD's room.

The two dressers are the light color; natural. The two cribs are walnut; the medium shade.

Thank you for the advice. Very helpful!

Chrissy

Before DD2 was born we decided to ditch our drop-side crib and get a fixed side. I had a drop side from 2003 that we'd paid $300 for. I sold it for $250 on Craigslist, 24 hours after placing the ad. I bought a new fixed side crib on sale for $200. :shrug-shoulders:

vonfirmath

Before DD2 was born we decided to ditch our drop-side crib and get a fixed side. I had a drop side from 2003 that we'd paid $300 for. I sold it for $250 on Craigslist, 24 hours after placing the ad. I bought a new fixed side crib on sale for $200. :shrug-shoulders:

You got lucky. :shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC