Question Recling seats to fit car seats?

cmjohanna

Another question..My 2005 Equinox has a split/bench seat in the back...It can be totally upright or slightly recline..Is it fine to recline that bench seat to fit the car seats properly?... Or does it have to be totally upright? When I went out and reclined it this morning, the car seats fit muuuuch better against the seat back with it being slightly reclined....

Also how about the headrest in the backseat? I have the two headrest's all the way up right now and it makes the 2 car seats fit way better at the top. The Equinoxes headrests are kinda funky and *come out* a little pushing the car seats a little when they are all the way down.

So I guess I am asking if these 2 adjustments are totally fine and safe?? Sorry if these sound like silly question's..i just want to be sure I am 100% doing the right thing.:eek:

Thanks!!

ADS

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Some cars allow or even require reclining the vehicle seat. It will say in your vehicle manual in the child restraint section.

If the head rests interfere with the car seat install, I'd remove them all together.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Sadly, there's a good chance your vehicle manual DOESN'T address it. If it does, follow that.

However, as long as there are no specific rules spelled out in your vehicle or car seat manual, I would make whatever minor adjustments are necessary to get the best fit.

cmjohanna

Sadly, there's a good chance your vehicle manual DOESN'T address it. If it does, follow that.

However, as long as there are no specific rules spelled out in your vehicle or car seat manual, I would make whatever minor adjustments are necessary to get the best fit.

I went through the whole book a little bit ago and it says nothing about reclining the seat. It just says of course to make sure it is *locked* either way of course.

cmjohanna

Okay..yet another question..lol...I am trying to figure out which seat is more narrow....with the cup holders as well..the Frontier 85 or the Nautilus?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC