See... we NEED 3 seats for 1 kid :)

andre149

One of P's extra seats ended up at my moms house... about an hour and a half from where we live, because that's where we store my car, and we forgot to take it out. No biggie. Well one of my good friends from high school just posted on fb that her husband had left for the day with the seat in his car, and was trying to figure out what to do. Ironically, she lives about 5 minutes from my mom, and the baby is just big enough that I'm pretty sure he'll fit in the MA well. Totally using this argument next time Dh asks why we have so many seats ;) You never know when you may need that third one lol

ADS

Kat_Momof3

that's definitely a great reason! of course, I'd also encourage her to pick up an inexpensive cosco scenera/evenflo tribute for baby's spare seat while she's out.

andre149

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did tell her she should pick up a spare... her little one is still in an infant seat, so she hadn't really thought about getting a convertible as a spare yet.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have 9 installed for 3 kids....and 2 spares sitting in my living room. Oh, plus the one waiting for my granddaughter (for my dd's car). I need to sell the spares to fund a new one for my granddaughter....or one for one of the other kids and pass a convertible down to her.

Stacy

Right now I have 7 usable seats for 1 child, plus 2 seats she outgrew. I really should sell some of them so I don't end up on Hoarders :whistle:...

Mom2three

Yeah...um, just right now I have 10 seats sitting in my house and 2 installed in my car. 4 will go to their cars tomorrow, 2 are infant buckets that are outgrown, 2 are HB Turbos that are going to a new home. But we do use them all regularly so it's ok, right?

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
I had over 20 expired/broken seats at one point, before I bribed my neighbor with the machine shop next door to destroy them. my garage looked like a car seat history museum. LOL

glockchick

I've got 7 for 4 kids. 6 are installed. The only spare I have right now is a hbb for when Abi rides with other people.

alake

I have 7 in two different houses, in 2 different countries for 2 kids. 2 frontier xt's, 2 frontier 85's(our seats that are at our South Beach vacation home:p:p), 1 EFTA, 1 Graco HBB, and 1 Graco NBB. I am also purchasing for my best friend's 2 little girl's 2 frontier xt's, hopefully by the end of this week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC