Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Swedish Vs Australian Rfing Tethering

I now have a seat that gives me the option to do either. I've tethered the Swedish way because that's what I know how to do. Australian tethering would reduce over rotation, but Swedish reduces anti rebound. Which do you think is more concerning?
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Swedish Vs Australian Rfing Tethering

I think Australian is annoying, so that's why I've never done it.

For those curious:

"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar

The Australian method looks like it would just give ds something to mess with.
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

Australian is okay, I find that you have to loosen it off to put the child in then tighten it after wards, which can be annoying.
    Chrissy Mum to : Ds Isaac(6) & dd Annabelle(2)