Why RF tether?

purplemama

So I RF tether my MA and XTSL. Because, um, it says you can.

But what does it actually do? I know mostly it controls rebound, right? Does it provide other protection? Why would rebound be bad and need to be lessened?
I know a non-rf tether seat is perfectly safe but I would please like some info on what exactly a RF tether does. I'm conteplating a new seat for DS2 to be passed down to DD (which honestly is a joke, I'm never happy with a seat for long). And I want to be fully informed as to what seat I want to get.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

ADS

Mae

I've read somewhere that it provides extra benefits in a side-impact crash, which as we know, are the most dangerous crashes.

I'm sure other people will have information, too. :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
It's not that rebound is bad persay, but it was never 'desired'. They didn't design them to do it, they just did. And it has just been deemed 'acceptable'. For me, it becomes a bigger issue as kids get older and rf'ing longer. And could potentially get limbs in the way. I'd still take a limb getting in the way over FF too early.

The fact that the swedish seats require the use of the tethers (and the foot prop) speaks volumes to prevent rebound (and over rotation).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC