Goodbye 1 and 20 (don’t let the door hit you on the way out): Kids safest in rear-facing car seats until age 2! - Automa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Goodbye 1 and 20 (don’t let the door hit you on the way out): Kids safest in rear-facing car seats until age 2! - Automa

Children should ride in rear-facing car seats until they are at least 2 years old instead of 1, according to updated advice from The American Academy of Pediatrics and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Can I get an “Amen”?   Or at least a collective “Woohoo”! Trying to find more details.  We’ll post again as soon as we have [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!

ADS

skitle1802

Re: Goodbye 1 and 20 (don’t let the door hit you on the way out): Kids safest in rear-facing car seats until age 2! - Au

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Madeline410

Re: Goodbye 1 and 20 (don’t let the door hit you on the way out): Kids safest in rear-facing car seats until age 2! - Au

Does anyone have a link to the statements? I'm talking to some parent ed. classes this week and I'd love to show them :)

Baylor

YEAH!! That is awesome.. I will say that when my cousin took her DD for her first visit at 10 days the Dr told her to RF to 2 years old. That was in November.

I am so glad to see this!

Mae

So what does this mean for the laws about 1/20? :eek:

steph_s

When are the laws changing is the more important question? Or when are all car seats going to have a 2 year minimum to ff?

Just occured to me, if car seats have a 2yo minimum to ff then perhaps the comfort sport might go bye bye since its so short not many kids can rf past 18m in that thing.

christineka

When are the laws changing is the more important question? Or when are all car seats going to have a 2 year minimum to ff?

Just occured to me, if car seats have a 2yo minimum to ff then perhaps the comfort sport might go bye bye since its so short not many kids can rf past 18m in that thing.

Many state's laws don't even mention the 1 and 20 for rear-facing. They just require proper use. What we need is for all forward facing car seats to change their minimums to age 2 (and 22 or so pounds) Dorel needs to raise the age minimum on their boosters as well. (If a kid should be rear-facing until 2, they shouldn't be forward facing in a booster either!)

Jennifer mom to my 7

We don't need the laws to change. We just need to get the information out there and educate. We also need to get the pedi's to give the correct info. Remember, there are no rear facing laws in Sweden, most of them just rear face to 4 as a given.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

We don't need the laws to change. We just need to get the information out there and educate. We also need to get the pedi's to give the correct info. Remember, there are no rear facing laws in Sweden, most of them just rear face to 4 as a given.

Except maybe Wisconsin. They have extremely bad wording that in fact makes it look illegal to RF past one and harness past 4. Really, really bad.

But otherwise, yeah, we have to keep on educating, and thank goodness we have another tool in our tech bags to help us out (I could have used this news earlier today at work when trying to convince an expecting mom that buying a travel system (SR30) and two nautilus elites wasn't the safest choice :eek:)

babyherder

WOOOOOOO!!!!!

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor

:bow: :thumbsup: :love:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member

WOOO HOOOO! Already posted on my FB. Hopefully we'll get some more official stuff in the next couple days that I can have on hand at the seat check I'll be doing on Saturday.

Susan

Little Ps Mama

Whoooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

StillThankful

Yay! I already posted it to my facebook page:) Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC