What's the difference between...

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Momentum has slightly shorter top slots, and a pull strap harness tightener rather than knobs.

Wendy

MissAllyLou

The Momentum also has a much deeper shell. My brother in law has trouble getting his 20 month old out of his car, rearfacing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, and the extra shell is just EPP foam, it's really weird when you peel the cover back, it's just like a Triumph with foam wings that come much further forward. Really strange.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And the lack of padding under the butt in the Momentum really is disconcerting to me...once you take out the infant pad, it's just a thin cover on the plastic and the foam sticks out in the harness tracks.
But you know in 12,000 other posts, I say that kids are light and don't complain about lack of padding, but this seat is just strange how there's all this padding way above their heads, and nothing under their bum :eek:
If it works where the knobs on the Triumph don't, that's a find reason to choose it. Any reason those are the only two? My Ride, Symphony, and Roundabout 55 are all other good choices in a similar price/size range.

BeautifulChaos

We chose the Momentum65 for the baby on the way, and took my almost 5yo DD to try it out and tell us if she thought it was comfy. She had enough shell over her head that she could feasibly RF in the seat were she not over the weight limits. She had no complaints about comfort (with the infant cushion removed) and actually asked if she could ride home in it to sleep.

166635_10150397484570294_815005293_17136262_7524076_n.jpg

MustangMama

Any reason those are the only two? My Ride, Symphony, and Roundabout 55 are all other good choices in a similar price/size range.
MyRide too big/long for my vehicle.

Symphony, ehh....wasn't impressive to me. RA55 was my other choice next to a True Fit.

I considered all of them, but if I can get an EFTA for $70, might as well go for it. Just wanted to know the difference between that and the Momentum, see if I was missing anything imperative.

So we got our EFTA tonight, and yeah, the knobs are buried in the seat back :thumbsdown: I'm going to just make do with it though, for $70 it's not worth playing car seat swapping games.

hrice

MustangMama said:
MyRide too big/long for my vehicle.

Symphony, ehh....wasn't impressive to me. RA55 was my other choice next to a True Fit.

I considered all of them, but if I can get an EFTA for $70, might as well go for it. Just wanted to know the difference between that and the Momentum, see if I was missing anything imperative.

So we got our EFTA tonight, and yeah, the knobs are buried in the seat back :thumbsdown: I'm going to just make do with it though, for $70 it's not worth playing car seat swapping games.

Are you looking at the Triumph on the Sears Outlet website? That is a Triumph Advance not a Triumph 65. The difference is the weight limits.

Triumph Advance: RF to 35/FF to 50
Triumph 65: RF to 40/FF to 65

MustangMama

Are you looking at the Triumph on the Sears Outlet website? That is a Triumph Advance not a Triumph 65. The difference is the weight limits.

Triumph Advance: RF to 35/FF to 50
Triumph 65: RF to 40/FF to 65

Yeah I understand that. Still, $70 for a EFTA is pretty darn good. I'm not concerned about weight limits, I car seat shop too much and I'm sure we will buy her another seat in the future if we still have her.

hrice

MustangMama said:
Yeah I understand that. Still, $70 for a EFTA is pretty darn good. I'm not concerned about weight limits, I car seat shop too much and I'm sure we will buy her another seat in the future if we still have her.

Oh yeah! Totally a great deal. I just wanted to point that out so you knew :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC