Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Arrow Captains chair or bench seat?

Okay we have finally narrowed it down and will be getting a Grand Caravan or Town & Country. Some come with 2 benches and others have 2 captains chairs and one bench? Is there one combination better than the other for carseat installs?

I will have ff radian, natilus, turbo booster, and a snugride 30. I was hoping to but the youngest in the 2nd row which is the snugride and the radian.

We narrowed down our picks and our best pick for price and condition has 2 captains chairs and one bench. I just wanted to make sure it will be okay for us.

This is our first mini van.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Captains chair or bench seat?

I like having a bench 2nd row. It gives you an isle way on the side for people to get to the third row. It makes it easier to buckle your third row kids. It's also nice to be able to hop into that isle and shut the door behind you when it's raining or for safety reasons.

Some captain's chairs are able to be moved together to make an outside isleway. It pretty much turns it into a bench seat. I don't know if the vans you're looking at do that or not.

You'll love the convenience of a minivan. Sliding doors are the best.