My niece is coming to town

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
So my niece is coming to stay with my parents and me for a week and I know she has one of the recalled dorel seats...and I know that my brother could careless about getting it fixed...do you think I should purchase a seat to use for the week? I'm so nervous about it

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
ya and i'm not too comfortable with their "FIX"

and she'll b here monday and it took me a week to get my seat from safety1st that I ordered last sat. she'll be gone by then if it set on that schedule...(by the way my seat is for a friend that i'm giving tommorow as a baby shower present)

babyherder

If you are driving her I would make sure she is in a non-recalled seat. Maybe order the lube and see if it arrives before she leaves so you can fix the seat before she goes home again

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can you pick up a Scenera and install it in your car "to save time?" I wouldn't be comfortable transporting anyone in a seat I knew to be recalled (or otherwise unsafe.) :twocents:

ETA: My recall fix arrived pretty quickly, I think just a few days... can't recall exactly. It's worth a shot.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
as long as you check every single ride to be sure her harness is tight and locked, then you are fine. The issue is with the adjuster thingy not locking in place to keep the harness from loosening. MY recalled seat has never ever had am issue with locking, as i bet many, many of the recalled seats have never had any issue. I have no problem putting my only son in the seat, because i know it locks. It does. So it's fine. :)
(now, if it wont lock and does loosen, I'd get another seat, absolutely. )

Pixels

If it is an unfixed recalled seat, make sure the adjuster strap is out of the child's reach. I know my daughter likes to pull on it, which is ordinarily fine as it locks automatically when she lets go. With a malfunctioning seat, it could stay unlocked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC