True fit on Walmart.com DOM any one know?

mburks26

Does anyone know how current dom these could be ?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11983495&findingMethod=rr

pink butterfly for 135.00

or

http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Years-True-Fit-Car/10226644

grey cansio

Im getting that seat for my sis who just found out shes preggo. No other detalis but should be born before the end of the year. Do you think its too soon to buy? That price is the lowest I have found and can order on my cc. I want her to be able to rear face to at least 3 (if she will) and forward face to 5 so as long as its a 2010 model should be good since they are good for 7 years? Once the LO turns 4 we can always see whats out etc but I think if I get something that will rearface longer the an infant seat she will be more willing to rearface to the limits of the seat. I only have about 100 to 150 to spend. Im doing this instead of getting my dd another Vivo.

Oh would you buy a seat from ebay that is listed as new in box warrenty card still attached etc I found a black one for less then $100 with free shipping.
Wasnt sure about buying seats from ebay even if they say new in box

ADS

mburks26

does that have the infant insert and those are the new models so should be current dom? We just don't know if its a boy or girl though can you get new covers from the manufacture. is the shell the same as the old models?

msg221

I bought a TFP on Dealomite and it was a year old, but I also wasn't expecting to get one that was super new for only $122. That would still give plenty of life. The link the PP posted is a great deal, even if it's the Pink Dot pattern. You can always buy a different cover if needed.

Your sister might be happier with the TFP because they made a few improvements, like the harness adjuster not being impossible to access rear facing. It also has the anti-rebound bar and the little window to tell you if the angle is correct. And yes, it does come with the infant insert.

christineka

If you have time, keep watching dealomite. A true fit is on their fast fuse deals every week. Wait until you know gender.

mburks26

She just found out so not eve sure how far along so it could be 7-8 more more boths before the due date. Shes not showing hasnt gained any weight etc

mburks26

I told her I was going to buy the seat and show her how to use it and shes like ok thats a plan. Shes just 19. Ill see her in May she lives 6 hrs away and Im going to sit her down and my mom and show her some videso rf vs ff etc. There is no where to go look at any of the seats but walmart in her area
Im afraid if i get her a infant seat she will forward face once the LO outgrows it and then booster after the LO outgrows the ff seat. I want to get a seat that rf to at least 3 35lbs (i know 4 and 40 is best but I am limited on funds. 100 to 150 at the most) and harness to at least 5 65 lbs. The only 2 seats I know of that fits all that is the TrueFit and EFTA 65 but the EFTA 65 shell is shorter. If I was to have anohter then the Truefit would be the way I would go.
I know our walmart has crappy seats only Evenflo infant seats 2 of them, 2 eddie bauer convertiables the ones with the flip up arm rest, and comfort sport and one of the cosco onside air and the GN. The only high back boosters we have are the cosco pronto and evenflo big kid no turbos but we have low back turbos and the harmony lite rider so yea not a good selection and I don't want her to be stuck with only whats avaible at walmart in store
if you kwim. I really wish the in stores would sell all the items on the website.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
mburks26 said:
I told her I was going to buy the seat and show her how to use it and shes like ok thats a plan. Shes just 19. Ill see her in May she lives 6 hrs away and Im going to sit her down and my mom and show her some videso rf vs ff etc. There is no where to go look at any of the seats but walmart in her area
Im afraid if i get her a infant seat she will forward face once the LO outgrows it and then booster after the LO outgrows the ff seat. I want to get a seat that rf to at least 3 35lbs (i know 4 and 40 is best but I am limited on funds. 100 to 150 at the most) and harness to at least 5 65 lbs. The only 2 seats I know of that fits all that is the TrueFit and EFTA 65 but the EFTA 65 shell is shorter. If I was to have anohter then the Truefit would be the way I would go.
I know our walmart has crappy seats only Evenflo infant seats 2 of them, 2 eddie bauer convertiables the ones with the flip up arm rest, and comfort sport and one of the cosco onside air and the GN. The only high back boosters we have are the cosco pronto and evenflo big kid no turbos but we have low back turbos and the harmony lite rider so yea not a good selection and I don't want her to be stuck with only whats avaible at walmart in store
if you kwim. I really wish the in stores would sell all the items on the website.

If she gets an infant seat to start, can you tell her you'll buy the first 'big' car seat? Also, is she going to be ok skipping the bucket?

Honestly I think with that many months, I think you have some time to find a spectacular deal... No rush to buy a seat at normal price. JMO

Laurette

What about the MyRide? 40# Rfing limit, 65# FFing limit. My son could have used that seat from birth(it wasn't actually out when he was born...) until booster learning. In fact, I'm pretty sure he still fits in it at 5.5 and 49lbs.

Have you owned a True fit before? IME, it did not fit my young baby right. The sholder straps are too wide set and allways tried to fall off her sholders. Even now at 2 years old, I don't love the fit on her sholders.

I much prefer the MyRide, except for the crotch strap placement. I just think it fits a broader set of children/ages. You can get one for $130 on Walmart.com.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
In general, anywhere you purchase a seat - brick/mortar or online, the DOM will vary greatly. The advantage of making the purchase IRL is that you can check the DOM.

IME, the 3 seats (Regent, GN x 2) purchased on line were DOM within a few months. The 2 Radians my friend ordered last month were DOM 11/10. The 3 seats that came from/for KDM were the same. Sorry, I don't remember where I ordered. . .

RE: Purchasing a seat for your sister, I agree that most people prefer a bucket for their NB for convenience, especially since it sounds like this will be a winter baby. Most "typical" moms are also very interested in a travel system since they want a seat and a stroller.

Baby won't be here for 6 months or so. You have gobs of time to find a good deal either IRL or online.

You can show your mom and sister how to install/use a couple different seats or bases by watching mfgs' videos and then trying them at a store. (You want to make sure the seat will work in the vehicles anyway ;)) The actual purchase can be made at another time and you can have it shipped to them if necessary.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC