Vent My Neighbor

U

Unregistered

I am ticked off at my neighbor!! She never listens to a thing I say when it comes to the safety of her kids. She has three kids ages: 4 years 11 months, 3 years 5 months, and 2 years 11 days. their seats respectivly: backless Graco air booster/backless Evenflo big kid booster(lap belt only!!), High back Evenflo big kid booster/backless Graco TB, High back Graco TB/High back Evenflo big kid booster.
The 3 year old was moved to a booster when she was 2 and a half because she outgrew her harness by height(5 months after being moved, i put her in a cosco scenera and she had an inch and a half above her head and a half inch below the top slots). The 2 year old has been in a booster for 2 months because "it was too big of a fight getting her in her harness seat, it took 10 mins to get her in the car (I never have had a problem) she doesnt fight in the booster."
Its almost like they just don't care!! Ok im done now, i knew you guys could relate.

ADS

hboo22

I know what you mean, my cousin does not give a crap about car seat usage, her 2 older kids went into no back boosters at 2.5 and 3.5 and her 2 yo went ff at 8 months. Just found out today that she let her grandma bring the (newly) 2yo home with her (30 min drive on highway) with no seat setting on her lap...............:eek::thumbsdown:
I've sent her all the links and vidoes too......

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Most of us can definitely relate. Instead of seeing it as you're trying to help, she probably either doesn't care or thinks that you are "attacking" her. Parents are very sensitive when it comes to how their raise their children and such.

It sucks that her children aren't in a safer seat for them, but you did your best. At least you made the effort to fix it because I know that not many people would want to do that. :thumbsup:

Lemonade

A lot of it is the darn boxes - when it says 30# on a booster box, people think it must be fine. All 3 of my younger brother's kids went to HBB at 30#, which was between ages 2 and 3. Closer to 2. Yikes. They really need to change the boxes. Why would one well meaning neighbor or relative know more than what the manufacturer?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC