ProSport vs Frontier 85

cookie123

I was thinking I should get a ProSport in case my 'techhood' expires. Will I regret not getting the Frontier 85 instead?

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Well, it depends IMO. Do you need the extra 1" of harness height? Do you just like one better than the other? Do you wanna help a sister out and buy an Opal Blue and trade for a Hanna for your Hannah ;)? What kind of deal can you get on the Frontier vs. the ProSport?

Spam

The fr85 has at least 2" more growing height. I dislike the seatbelt install of the prosport. I prefer the fr85.

cookie123

I think you know my opinion on this ;)

LOL! I was going to ask you if you'd had the Frontier at all.

Well, it depends IMO. Do you need the extra 1" of harness height? Do you just like one better than the other? Do you wanna help a sister out and buy an Opal Blue and trade for a Hanna for your Hannah ;)? What kind of deal can you get on the Frontier vs. the ProSport?

Doubt I'll need the harness height. I haven't had any experience with either. Too bad the seat will be for Matthew, not Hannah, who seriously needs to graduate to a HBB, otherwise I'd be happy to help.

jess71903

Ambassador
LOL! I was going to ask you if you'd had the Frontier at all.

Doubt I'll need the harness height. I haven't had any experience with either. Too bad the seat will be for Matthew, not Hannah, who seriously needs to graduate to a HBB, otherwise I'd be happy to help.

Well, I tried :whistle:.

christineka

I've owned both to play with. The open belt path of the prosport puts the seatbelt or latch belt sticking into the kid's back. The prosport's top harness position is only about 17.5 inches and only for skinnies because the harness is short. The seat is difficult to buckle in booster mode due to the high sides. I much prefer the frontier 85. It's a nice seat. And it comes in cow.

mykidsmylife

You will not regret it. The Fr85 has a taller harness and makes a much taller booster. Johnathon outgrew the harness on the Prosport 2" ago and the will outgrow the booster mode next growth spurt. He still fits in the harness of the FR85 and has 4-6" of boostering left in it (through he wont use it that long or even be boostered that long)....

jess71903

Ambassador
Yall quit, really! I just traded for this ProSport and I want to love it!! The top slots on the TF are about 17.5 and they're by Gage's ears, so surely the PS will last him until he's 5.5 or 6. Right?

LuvMyCharlie

I will be the odd woman out and say that I prefer the ProSport both for the fit on my kid and aesthetically. It does have a shorter harness/harness slots, but if that's not an issue for you then so be it! My only two gripes are the seatbelt install and the lack of cupholder. I actually bought a FR85 because I dislike the seatbelt install of the PS in my car so much, but still plan to use the PS as a booster when the time comes.

AtTheSouthDam

I don't have a Frontier and probably never will :eek: After the Regent the whole short belt path, long belt path, horrid time installing it in m van I am too scared to try it.

I do love the ProSport, almost as much as the Young sport. My only complaint is when they raised the harness they took away a head rest position for booster (but they still go to the same hieght) and it put the headrest up higher. It just doesn't surround her head the way the YS did. She's never complained about the position of the LATCH strap on her back. I haven't done a seat belt install yet.

:)o I just realized how much I am slacking! I got this seat and put it into my van and left it. I haven't tried it multiple vehicles or positions or even the seat belt... I have work to do! :p)

Mom2three

I only have experience with the FR85. It is a good seat for us. It fits DD well, and has the ever sought after cupholders that she is so in love with. It is cowmoo and matches DSs seat, and hides dirt well. But I want a ProSport SOOOOOO badly that I can taste it. My DD turned 4 the beginning of January, she weighs 30lbs, has a 15ish" torso, and is SKINNY. I doubt I would ever miss the harness height on the ProSport. Wouldn't an Envy and a Hannah look good next to each other when DS turns FF in a year or so?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC