Car seat Q for friend in Europe...

drjanetm

I know a few of you have some knowledge of the European car seat market and laws, so I thought someone might be able to help my friend better than I can.

She has a 2.5yo, 34lb, 38" DS, and is looking to upgrade his seat. He will be the last child in the seat, so no need to worry about passing it on to a younger sibling! I know there has been talk of a Recaro seat in the US, but TBH I've not been following it, so not sure if I should recommend it to her or not.

Any advice as to which seat would suit?

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The 2006 ÖAMTC tests are online here: ÖAMTC - Kindersitztest 2006. Keep an eye on this page for the release of the 2007 results. You could also check the 2005 results, as they don't retest all the seats every year.

ÖAMTC is the Austrian version of AAA. Those tests are also reprinted by the German AAA (ADAC). They should be quite relevant in Switzerland.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Yes, but when I was in Germany, we didn't get many Scandinavian seats in the baby shops. There was maybe one or two. OTOH, there were lots of French seats. Geography does matter. Scandinavian countries aren't shipping their seats that far south. Could be different regulations from country to country within the EU as well (the way Canada gets a lot of US seats, but not all of them).

Morganthe

Your friend might find it easiest to check out the different baby & children's stores around her. She'll get the best customer support that way, especially if there's a problem after the sale. Manufacturers are not known for good direct communication with the consumer. :whistle: I found that out from some of my German friends when they were suprised I had no hesitation to voice a complaint to Graco.

Since she's in Switzerland (Not part of the EU, if anyone cares to know, but its own consortium: Confoederatio Helvetica ;) ), she might discover that the seats available to her, rely on what region she is in. If she's in the German influenced areas, then the German seats, France --- French seats, Italian, ya get it :) Romisch (Sp?) region would be the only one stuck out on a limb, but there might be the best selection yet :p

If she does happen to see this most awesome Tandem Walking 3 wheel stroller, can she please pass along the Manufacturer's name & model? We saw it last January around the Chillon area. Side by side style, but took up so little space compared to the joggers I've seen. Kids looked very comfortable in it. I've been extremely curious ever since. I should have stopped the poor woman to indulge my fascination :p

Best of luck to her. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC