Elephant ears galore....

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Re: Testing pictures, ignore.

Wow, cool, I did it... think they match well enough to stick in a gray interior car? :D

scatterbunny

I think they look great together. :p They aren't an exact match, but very close!

Hayley is looking at the Monarch asking me, "am I big enough for that one, Mama? Because I WANT it!" :ROTFLMAO:

Erika Ruth

Man! Those are REALLY cute! I can't get new carseats because they are cute, that just seems silly to me. I have two Cowmuflage seats, and sadly, Eleanor is outgrowing her Marathon, but the new baby will be able to fit in it.... So Elephant and cow... I guess that is what we'll be going for! (that or the SafeSeat... (Don't know yet if the Recaro will work for us)

Doesn't it look short? It just doesn't seem like a good narrow size up grade to the Marathon....

Erika

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Southpawboston was guessing that headrest goes WAY up to make it have such a tall listed height limit (60 inches, same on the Monarch... hmmm, maybe?)

:)

supercrunch

I think they would look great together.

But I am still a bit dumbfounded by the recaro. It seems that if you were to put a 60" child in a seat with a base that big, their head would literally be touching the ceiling of the car.

I'm only 63" tall, for crying out loud. If car seat manufacturers keep upping their limits, I just may be in one before long :p

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member

But I am still a bit dumbfounded by the recaro. It seems that if you were to put a 60" child in a seat with a base that big, their head would literally be touching the ceiling of the car.

I'm only 63" tall, for crying out loud. If car seat manufacturers keep upping their limits, I just may be in one before long :p

I'm 63" too... maybe I should get a Recaro for me, I think the pink would look nice on me ;)

My mom is technically a dwarf (she's 4'10" - the maximum to be considered). Anyway, she always said that if she went by the rules they have now for car seats she'd still be in a 5-pt harness (she also graduated high school under 90#)

Simplysomething

So Elephant and cow... I guess that is what we'll be going for! (Erika

OH!!
So, that explains the title of the thread. I was seriously confused. lol

And there used to be a commercial around here...that went.."graaaaaaaaaaaaand junction...we've got elephants galore..." and some other stuff and they were on the corner of bonney road (In Va Beach) and some other place. Anyway, it brought back the commercial, which I haven't seen run in years, so I don't know if the place still exists...

Anyway, I agree, the seats match ok. lol

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I'm 63" too... maybe I should get a Recaro for me, I think the pink would look nice on me ;)

My mom is technically a dwarf (she's 4'10" - the maximum to be considered). Anyway, she always said that if she went by the rules they have now for car seats she'd still be in a 5-pt harness (she also graduated high school under 90#)

*sigh* We prefer being called vertically challenged individuals!!!!! :p Allltthoouugghhh I didn't graduate high school under 90 lbs :eek:

You know it's pretty bad when your 4 year old (who BTW is like off the charts for everything) is equal with your boob and you're afraid that she could potentially kick your butt within the next calendar year. I always joke around with my ex telling him that the only reason we had DD is so that I could steal some of his tall genes. Oh, and it worked beaaauuttiifulllyy. muahahaha!

scatterbunny

Hehe, yep, I'm 5'4", but Hayley is up to my boob right now. She turns 6 next month. She seriously towers over most other kids up to age 7-8. Today she was playing with the kids that share our backyard (we share a landlord and a big, grassy lot). The oldest are age 7-8. She's at least 5 inches taller than they are! They might be small for their age, I don't know--but Hayley is consistently top-of-the-charts/off-the-charts for height, and I'm just average. :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe... DS isn't that tall nearly and his Parkway headrest is all up against the side/back of the van...his Recaro in the tallest setting seems high, but not THAT high, somehow (there used to be a great picture of a 11-12 yo in a Start but I can't find it...)...I'm comparing, because the Start is on a rather high base :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC