Booster fit

njkj

So we have had Ds's PWSL for about 2 weeks and at first I really liked it but the more I look at it the more I question the belt fit :(. What do you think? If it doesn't look good what would you replace it with? We have a Turbo as Ds's back up and it fits him great. I was thinking either a Montery or a Probooster? Ds wants the PB b/c it comes in green ;) Which would you choose?

Sorry for all the questions. On to the pics.

IMAG0332.jpg

Belt fit, his belly button is where my finger is
IMAG0334.jpg

From the other side with the headrest down one click,
IMAG0335.jpg

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The fit looks OK. I certainly wouldn't be alarmed by it.

I'd say great if the shoulder belt fit was a bit better. It looks better on the lower click, but it's hard to tell from the side. Can you get a frontal shot with the headrest in the lower position?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The belt fit looks ok to me. Not great, but ok.

To simplify it - I wouldn't recommend replacing the booster if you came in to me at a check - it's not a fit that I'd look at and predict injury. But if you were still in the process of shopping for a booster I wouldn't recommend buying it if there was something that fit better.

firemomof3

I think the lap belt fit looks great. I don't like the look of the shoulder belt in the first pic, it looks like its about to slip off his shoulder but it looks perfect in the 3rd pic. If you do decide to go with another booster I would choose the Probooster over the Monterey because I think the Monterey would be too wide in the shoulder area for him.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think the lap belt fit looks great. I don't like the look of the shoulder belt in the first pic, it looks like its about to slip off his shoulder but it looks perfect in the 3rd pic. If you do decide to go with another booster I would choose the Probooster over the Monterey because I think the Monterey would be too wide in the shoulder area for him.

My dd had a worse belt fit in the parkway and has a great fit in the Monterey. Just really depends on the vehicle seatbelts too - I don't think the Monterey is universally bad on thin kids.

mlohry

When my son who is 6, skinny and average height tried the PWSL, the lap belt fit was not good. The only way I would have purchased it was if I would have used the clip, I however felt like I shouldn't have to use a clip to keep the belt fitting properly.

Mom-of-Two

Tough call, it doesn't look bad to me but I wouldn't say perfect. My kiddo is 45 lbs and 45 in, so very similar to your son, and the only booster that fits her PERFECTLY that I have tried, is the Turbo- which you said fits him well in your other vehicle. For some reason that booster just FITS well. She doesn't like it a ton though, b/c it's just not plush or all that comfy, and I am personally not crazy about the lack of head wings or deeper side protection- however, what matters the MOST with a booster, is the fit on your child, in your vehicle.

The SG clip will also keep that lap belt low, so I worry less about that, make sure that shoulder belt is center as it should be though.

njkj

Thanks for the input. I just ordered a PB and a Monterey from Amazon and will put Ds in each ( PB, M, & PW) and figure out which fits him the best. Then the other 2 will go back. Thank goodness for free returns through Amazon ( I bought th Pw through them too).

Sent from my ADR6300 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC