CA or EFTA65 or something else?

Stacy

ETA: I check out seats at BRU & narrowed it down to the EFTA 65 or the MR. I am really interested in the Evenflo seat. Does anyone own one of these? What do you like/not like about it?

Last edited:
ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I looove my MR, but what is it that you're trying to pick a seat for? Is there a link to a thread with backstory somewhere?

Stacy

Oh, sorry, I edited my original post to narrow it down to the EFTA and forgot to include my kids' info :eek:. This is for my 2.5 yo DD. She's almost 33lbs & about 36-37". I was going to turn her FF when she hit the 35 lb limit but have since changed my mind. I tried the RA 55, MA 70, and XTSL, and returned them all :eek:. It's between the EFTA65 and the MR, but I'm strongly leaning toward the Evenflo. My MIL has the MR and it only fits in the middle of my car, and I'd rather keep her on the side because it's a lot easier for me. Plus the MR has such deep SIP that the a/c can't really get to her. But the MR is still on my list as a last resort if the EFTA dosen't work out.

I made this thread and then went to BRU and sort of answered my original question, so IDK what advice I really need now, lol!:whistle:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have an EFTA, different weight limits, but same basic seat. I've loved it since day 1 and it's always been dh's favorite as well. It has a nice tall shell, good top harness height, and nice leg room rf'ing.

We also have a CA and I like it too. The continuous loop harness can be a bit annoying at times - I found it more noticeable ff'ing than rf'ing, but it's not a big deal and certainly not the only seat with a continuous loop.

The only thing to be aware of with the EFTA is that when it's rf'ing in some vehicles the knobs can be difficult to access if the back seat is quite sculpted - the front curve of the seat goes right in to the scooped out area and then the knobs end up resting on the sides. This isn't something that happens in the majority of vehicles, but it's the one thing to be aware of with the seat.

Stacy

Yeah I don't know if I'll like the knobs on it. But otherwise it looks like a really nice comfortable seat. Lots of legroom. I'm no longer considering the CA, not only because of my dislike of Dorel seats but also because there's no epp foam behind the head. Also I think my DD would be bothered by the headwings.

snowbird25ca

Yeah I don't know if I'll like the knobs on it. But otherwise it looks like a really nice comfortable seat. Lots of legroom. I'm no longer considering the CA, not only because of my dislike of Dorel seats but also because there's no epp foam behind the head. Also I think my DD would be bothered by the headwings.

What kind of car do you drive? One of us might know if the knobs will give you trouble in your particular car or not.

sharsachan

I actually own a Myride AND ET65, because i couldnt decide between them. My daughter riders in the Myride and my son rides in the ET65. The knobs completely baffle my husband but i love the no rethread harness on the et65. I was able to easily fit my friend's 4yr old in it [yes, RFing!] our knobs do press a little into the vehicle seat but its not enough to be inconventient to me, though it might be worse in other cars [i have a '99 dogde durango]

Its a tad taller than the Myride i think! the shell looks taller, and from what I understand, i cannot RF on the top harness slot in the myride but the et65 can RF as long as child is 1in below the top, so the et65 will probably last longer RFing than the myride. I have shrimpy kids so honestly I'm not worried about that at the moment, My son is 3 next month and still wears 18m clothes.

The ONLY problem with theet65 we have that we dont with the myride is the cupholders. The one that comes with the et65 is a clip on one and its not an enclosed holder, just little plastic arms that go around and hold the cup, meaning its not good for holding snacks or toys. This is very important to my 3 yr old and he wishes he had cupholders like his sister does lol

i suppose it depends on if you may have multiple children using the seat, i would definitely get the et65 in that case so you don't hve to constantly uninstall to change the harness. like i said, i think the et65 will last a little longer than the myride in height. that said, i honestly can't recommend one over the other as we love both of them very much. i think either is a great choice.

firemomof3

I have an EFTA 65 and love it :love: Right now I have it in dh's truck for ds because its so easy to use (and he needs idiot proof ;)) I prefer it over the CA because its easier to install and it doesn't have that continuous harness :thumbsup:

Stacy

I have an EFTA 65 and love it :love: Right now I have it in dh's truck for ds because its so easy to use (and he needs idiot proof ;)) I prefer it over the CA because its easier to install and it doesn't have that continuous harness :thumbsup:

Looking at your sig, he's FF in it? Does he have any growing room left before he's above the top harness spot?

firemomof3

He's just about maxed it out for top harness height. He has a little more growing room but not much :( I'll see if I can get a current photo at some point. Here he is about 3mo. ago but he has shot up since this pic. I'm thinking I'll have to replace it with his current GN and get a Frontier 85 (which i don't like but really don't have another option :()
Priori004.jpg

Stacy

What a cutie pie! My DD's eyes are the same color as his :love:!
Is he comfortable with how close together those straps are on his neck? (sorry, I ask a lot of questions!)

henrietta

The Evenflo Momentum is pretty much the same seat as the EF65, but w/a pull strap instead of the knobs. :)

My 5.5 yr old son is almost even w/the top slots of the EFTA (same harness height as EF65. He's 43" tall and 38 lbs.

I definitely think the EF65 will last longer height wise than the My Ride--it is a bit taller. (But not as long as the Complete Air).

henrietta

snowbird25ca

The EFTA has quite a bit more room than the My Ride. My ds was pretty much out of the MR ff'ing last August. He still has a full inch left in the EFTA and he's grown a lot in the last few months - had to replace both his shirts and his pants at the end of December. The shell is higher too in terms of rf'ing room.

My ds is using the top slots of the Nautilus now, and my dd even would've made it to booster in the EFTA though just barely. My kids have tall torso's though.

eta: In my experience the EFTA harness is almost an inch higher in height than the momentum. For a tall torso'd kid I'd go with it over the momentum.

Stacy

The Evenflo Momentum is pretty much the same seat as the EF65, but w/a pull strap instead of the knobs. :)

My 5.5 yr old son is almost even w/the top slots of the EFTA (same harness height as EF65. He's 43" tall and 38 lbs.

I definitely think the EF65 will last longer height wise than the My Ride--it is a bit taller. (But not as long as the Complete Air).

henrietta

The MO sure is a beast, though! And IDK why but Evenflo didn't put foam behind the head area on this seat or the Symphony 65. I also wish they did the pull strap on the EFTA, but who knows, maybe it won't be so bad. I'll try her in it tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be the end of my seat quest :).

Stacy

Snowbird, thanks for the comparison! She has a bunch of room left in the MR, so that's good to know the EFTA should last even longer! :thumbsup:

firemomof3

What a cutie pie! My DD's eyes are the same color as his :love:!
Is he comfortable with how close together those straps are on his neck? (sorry, I ask a lot of questions!)

Oh thank you :) He has never complained about the straps, I always am sure to pull his shirt up in between his neck and the straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC