Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

2005-2007 Odyssey quick questions

My friend's DH is at the Honda dealership buying her a Mother's day gift - a 2007 Odyssey. She wants to know a couple of things:

*What seats does the 2007 Odyssey have LATCH in? I believe my 2006 Odyssey had LATCH in the 2nd/3rd row outboard seats - 4 total. She was told by a dealer that there are 5 LATCH positions in the rear but doesn't know which 5 spots.

*Can a carseat be installed in the PLUS 1 seat (middle 8th seat)? (of course if it has LATCH that would answer that but has anyone installed a seat in the PLUS 1 seat in any 2005+ Odyssey?)
    DS1 9 yo 75+ lbs 5pt in a Frontier
    DS2 7 yo 65+ lbs in a Regent

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2005-2007 Odyssey quick questions

* second row captain's chairs plus 3rd row center, identical to the 2006

* Yes, if she is in the USA and the carseat actually can fit

also- http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

The Sienna 8-passenger model has 5 LATCH, the Odyssey only has 3.

Carseat Crazy

Thanks Darren! I also found some info over at OdyClub.

Her poor DH is getting the run around at the dealership - the guy doesn't know what he is talking about. He told her DH it is against the LAW to put a child in the 8th seat.

I could possibly get a Radian to fit in the "8th Seat" with two Marathon's outboard. I tried putting a Britax Safe N Sound in that extra seat and it didn't fit. I would image a Child in a booster seat would fit fine, BUT if they had outboard CR's on each side of them I would worry about them being safe like that. It would be a pretty tight fit.

I think if there were no other CR's on the outboard second row positions, you probably wouldn't have too many problems getting a CR installed well there(8th seat).

Also, the buckle for the "8th seat" and the middle seat position in the third row do not have the automatic seatbelt locking mechanism. (I can't remember the exact name of that feature). At least that is the case for my '05 Odyssey. That may have changed for earlier models

Oh, and NICE Mother's Day Gift!!! My Odyssey was my Mother's Day gift as well
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by tchrgrrl View Post
    *Can a carseat be installed in the PLUS 1 seat (middle 8th seat)? (of course if it has LATCH that would answer that but has anyone installed a seat in the PLUS 1 seat in any 2005+ Odyssey?)
    On the Ody Club forum, there's a "Sticky" at the top of the "Kids and Safety" category regarding this. The answer is yes--BUT it doesn't have LATCH or a rear tether. So maybe it could be used for an RF seat or for a narrow booster.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/forumd...php?forumid=20

I haven't tried using it yet -- it's safely stored away in the in-floor storage, but I did get it out and make sure I know how to set it up. The seat sits kinda high, so a booster on it sits higher than a booster on the captain's chair...looks a little odd.
    DS1 - 7.5 yrs, 56 lbs, 50" - Compass B510 Booster or Graco Turbobooster
    DS2 - 5 yrs, 45 lbs, 41" - Britax Husky, Graco Nautilus, Compass B510 Booster
    DD - 17 yrs, newly licensed

Carseat Crazy

She has 4 year old twins harnessed in Apex65s. She wants to put the snugride in the middle and eventually the Evenflo Triumph (I think) and then possibly a Scenera to keep the baby RF'ing longer.

Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by tchrgrrl View Post
    She has 4 year old twins harnessed in Apex65s. She wants to put the snugride in the middle and eventually the Evenflo Triumph (I think) and then possibly a Scenera to keep the baby RF'ing longer.

Thanks for the input!
    Hmmm...I don't think a Snugride would fit there, but this is what I would do....

Remove the "8th" seat and slide the passenger side second row captains chair over to the middle position. Then put the the Snugride on the driver's side Captains Chair, one twin in the middle second row Captains chair, and then the other twin in the middle row third row.

This positioning would make it easier for the parents to access the infant more quickly and would also center both twins in the minivan (of course minus the twin in the third row).
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way