2005-2007 Odyssey quick questions

tchrgrrl

My friend's DH is at the Honda dealership buying her a Mother's day gift - a 2007 Odyssey. She wants to know a couple of things:

*What seats does the 2007 Odyssey have LATCH in? I believe my 2006 Odyssey had LATCH in the 2nd/3rd row outboard seats - 4 total. She was told by a dealer that there are 5 LATCH positions in the rear but doesn't know which 5 spots.

*Can a carseat be installed in the PLUS 1 seat (middle 8th seat)? (of course if it has LATCH that would answer that but has anyone installed a seat in the PLUS 1 seat in any 2005+ Odyssey?)

ADS

tchrgrrl

Thanks Darren! I also found some info over at OdyClub.

Her poor DH is getting the run around at the dealership - the guy doesn't know what he is talking about. He told her DH it is against the LAW to put a child in the 8th seat. :rolleyes:

lovinwaves

I could possibly get a Radian to fit in the "8th Seat" with two Marathon's outboard. I tried putting a Britax Safe N Sound in that extra seat and it didn't fit. I would image a Child in a booster seat would fit fine, BUT if they had outboard CR's on each side of them I would worry about them being safe like that. It would be a pretty tight fit.

I think if there were no other CR's on the outboard second row positions, you probably wouldn't have too many problems getting a CR installed well there(8th seat).

Also, the buckle for the "8th seat" and the middle seat position in the third row do not have the automatic seatbelt locking mechanism. (I can't remember the exact name of that feature). At least that is the case for my '05 Odyssey. That may have changed for earlier models :)

Oh, and NICE Mother's Day Gift!!! My Odyssey was my Mother's Day gift as well :love:

trailrunnermom

*Can a carseat be installed in the PLUS 1 seat (middle 8th seat)? (of course if it has LATCH that would answer that but has anyone installed a seat in the PLUS 1 seat in any 2005+ Odyssey?)

On the Ody Club forum, there's a "Sticky" at the top of the "Kids and Safety" category regarding this. The answer is yes--BUT it doesn't have LATCH or a rear tether. So maybe it could be used for an RF seat or for a narrow booster.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=20

I haven't tried using it yet -- it's safely stored away in the in-floor storage, but I did get it out and make sure I know how to set it up. The seat sits kinda high, so a booster on it sits higher than a booster on the captain's chair...looks a little odd. :)

tchrgrrl

She has 4 year old twins harnessed in Apex65s. She wants to put the snugride in the middle and eventually the Evenflo Triumph (I think) and then possibly a Scenera to keep the baby RF'ing longer.

Thanks for the input! :)

lovinwaves

She has 4 year old twins harnessed in Apex65s. She wants to put the snugride in the middle and eventually the Evenflo Triumph (I think) and then possibly a Scenera to keep the baby RF'ing longer.

Thanks for the input! :)

Hmmm...I don't think a Snugride would fit there, but this is what I would do....

Remove the "8th" seat and slide the passenger side second row captains chair over to the middle position. Then put the the Snugride on the driver's side Captains Chair, one twin in the middle second row Captains chair, and then the other twin in the middle row third row.

This positioning would make it easier for the parents to access the infant more quickly and would also center both twins in the minivan (of course minus the twin in the third row).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC