Does anyone plan on buying a First Years Unite?

TiaxMarie

Does anyone plan on buying a First Years Unite/Urban?

I'm carseat shopping again. I don't need to be, but I think we'll be FF my dd soon (she'll be 3.5, hopefully 4, but we'll see).

I really don't know why, but I'm not a fan of the Nautilus. DD of course loves the colors, but I don't love the seat.

Then there's the Frontier 85. She likes Livia and Pink Sky. Will need to try this in my vehicle.

She loves the Hanna ProSport, and that's what I've been leaning towards getting, although, I can't try that one out before buying, so I haven't commited to it yet.

Then I came across the green The First Years Unite.

Does anyone plan on buying this seat? It looks comfy. I don't think we'd need the extra inch that the Frontier offers since dd is around the 60% for height and weight.

Last edited:
ADS

Spam

I'm tempted by it. I just can't decide if I should go with it or another fr85 or something different. It looks comfy, I can't wait to see actual pics of it so hopefully someone will buy it.

TiaxMarie

Just curious, why do some sites have it called the Unite and others called the Urban?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Urban-Booster-Elegance/dp/B004K1EOVQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1300301188&sr=8-7"]Amazon.com: The First Years Urban BB830 Booster Car Seat, Elegance: Baby[/ame]

jess71903

Ambassador
You want a Prosport in Opal Blue so you can trade me for Hanna *said in my best hypnotic voice*. Kidding, of course! I am really tempted by the Urban/Unite, too. I LOVE my True Fit and it looks like they incorporated a lot of the things that I love about it into this new seat. I can't wait to see reviews. My biggest wonder is about head slump. That headrest just seems to jut SO far out! Maybe it's just that it doesn't have that piece of fabric that comes down like the Frontier or ProSport and you can see that divide more.

TiaxMarie

You want a Prosport in Opal Blue so you can trade me for Hanna *said in my best hypnotic voice*. Kidding, of course! I am really tempted by the Urban/Unite, too. I LOVE my True Fit and it looks like they incorporated a lot of the things that I love about it into this new seat. I can't wait to see reviews. My biggest wonder is about head slump. That headrest just seems to jut SO far out! Maybe it's just that it doesn't have that piece of fabric that comes down like the Frontier or ProSport and you can see that divide more.

I totally thought of you when DD asked for the Hanna. But I want the Blue Opal for myself, lol. I'm afraid if I get the Blue Opal I'll just love it when it arrives and I wouldn't want to switch with you!

But, the First Years seat looks awesome. We love our True Fit, but my dad bought it and is keeping it hostage in his truck. :( So, I'm tempted to get this combination seat. Still confused as to why it has 2 names. :confused:

tracee877

I am planning to get one. I'm hoping to like it better than the FR85. Sucks it doesn't come out till April though.

christineka

I'm considering investing in the seat- as in buy it to either resell or return. I have no need of a combo seat. I just have investment money, that will have to be put back. I would have liked the green one, but that's not on sale.

jheimes

I am interested in this seat, but want to wait to see if it comes in other fabrics and how well it fits in booster mode since my 5 yrDD will be booster training soon. I don't "need" the seat until next year, but sure am tempted by the price. I keep telling myself I can wait.:whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The O's on the 'Abstract O's' cover are so abstract I can't even see them? :confused:

I suspect it'll only have one name when it finally hits shelves next month...Unite seems to make sense for a Combo seat, to me, but what do I know? :eek:

firemomof3

I was also thinking about the Unite. Does anyone know the top harness slot height? I'll be moving ds up to the top slots on his GN probably within the next few months :eek:

TerisBoys

Just curious, why do some sites have it called the Unite and others called the Urban?

The O's on the 'Abstract O's' cover are so abstract I can't even see them? :confused:

I suspect it'll only have one name when it finally hits shelves next month...Unite seems to make sense for a Combo seat, to me, but what do I know? :eek:

The First Years site calls it the Unite. I'm guessing Amazon has a typo.

Jools - the O's are [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Infant-Seat-Abstract/dp/B004JM8XCC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1300307190&sr=1-3"]here[/ame], [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Travel-System-Abstract/dp/B004K1EOX4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1300307190&sr=1-4"]here[/ame] and [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Ignite-Stroller-Black/dp/B004FN0Z62/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1300307190&sr=1-5"]here[/ame]. Apparently big kids don't get cool prints :thumbsdown: The B570 Abstract O's is also lacking the O's.

jess71903

Ambassador
The First Years site calls it the Unite. I'm guessing Amazon has a typo.

Jools - the O's are here, here and here. Apparently big kids don't get cool prints :thumbsdown: The B570 Abstract O's is also lacking the O's.

What the heck!?! If you aren't going to actually put any Os on the seat, just call the thing green. Cuz that's what it is. Green.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
bfmarini from Kids N Cribs posted in January that the slot heights would be 12.5", 14.5", 16 3/4", and 19". I'm hoping that maybe he had more updated info than the top slot measurements from the prototype posted about on carseatblog last year, because an extra inch of harness height would be pretty cool.

christineka

bfmarini from Kids N Cribs posted in January that the slot heights would be 12.5", 14.5", 16 3/4", and 19". I'm hoping that maybe he had more updated info than the top slot measurements from the prototype posted about on carseatblog last year, because an extra inch of harness height would be pretty cool.

I'm becoming more tempted. I even have the seat in my cart. I wouldn't be keeping it... It would just put my $170 out of commission until either returned or sold. I could order and cancel if I change my mind before it ships... I just want to see it!

firemomof3

I preordered a Unite in red/black. I sure hope it does have 19" top harness slots :) I also hope that the harness doesn't get more narrow as the headrest is raised. But we'll see :D

SignCuer

I would love this seat but I would rather wait until someone from here reviews it :D That will convince me to get one of those or get the Frontier85. Argos70 is probably out since there's saying that the seat harness is the same as Nautilus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC