New Britax covers

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OMG. Have you all seen these new Britax covers?

I am not impressed.

MAR_MossyOak.gif

MAR_Trellis.gif

MAR_Sunburst.gif

MAR_Retro.gif

ADS

Lea_Ontario

I love the first two - the camo and the pink.
The floral looks too retro for me, and the dots are just ugly.

amy919

The Camo one is ewwwww, but I'll bet you it'll be a big seller. A cover like that will help convince a bunch of DHs to buy the seat!

The pink one is cute, but a little too much. After looking at it for a while, iit would give me a headache.

I like the 3rd one a lot actually.

The last one makes my eyes go a bit buggy.

Amy

momof2kiddos

Personally I don't like any of them,they all hurt my eyes except for the samo one,but my Dh loves the camo(I showed him) and I am sure his dad would too,so I agree that will be a seller with the dh's.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I just don't know...

I can't figure out WHAT the designers at Britax are thinking lately. They have had some HORRIBLE covers. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

There have been some somewhat okay ones, but the majority of the covers have been absolutely awful. But I won't tell you how I really feel... :whistle: :p

Keep in mind that the first print, called Mossy Oak is a limited edition for the Marathon. The other three fabrics, Trellis, Sunburst and Retro are on the Marathon Couture line which will only be available at Brick and Mortar stores. All prints are scheduled for a June 2007 release.

arly1983

So glad Jackson is out of the Marathon or we would have to get a camo one.

BTW, my military DH says it is NOT camo. It is REAL TREE (hunters camo)!

Tara

Oh come on now...the camo one rocks!!
But, then again, I've never been much of a girly girl, I love camo and I'm a mom of 4 boys. Hubby and eldest ds hunt...

The pink IS bright and VERY pink, but, I kinda like it. Might be one of those "gotta see it in person" kind of deals though, to decide if I'd like it enough to look at it daily ;)

The flowery one..eh, well, I don't know about that one. Not what I would label as hideous, but, well, hmm

I don't like the dot one though. Doesn't work for me. Makes me think of some optical illusion deal and my eyes keep going wacky. I think I could easily catch sight of that in my rear view mirror and instantly be pulled into a trance and run us off the road or something LOL

But as the previous poster said..I won't tell you how I really feel

LOL

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I wish they had military camo, but I like that camo ok too. The retro stuff I don't like. I know it is really hot right now, but not for me!

elle7715

Everyone in DHs family hunts (except for DH LOL) so I know they'd go nuts for the hunter's camo. I'm sure the pink one will be a big seller...the others not so much. Has everyone seen the Mariposa butterfly cover? It's beautiful!

ThreeBeans

I DO NOT like the hunters' one :thumbsdown:

(but that's more my personal politics than a real expression aesthetics ;) )

I think the other three are cute :D

Lara

There's also a butterfly one... the pic on the britax site is bad though. its yellow with pink butterflies all over it.

I LOVE the third one! and I like the last one, though I liked last season's soho cover better. It was teal instead of blue, but the same pattern.

Did anyone else notice that they changed the harness adjuster flap thingy? Looks like it will be harder for kids to get into!

cpsaddict

I like the Camo. Two of my sisters are planning to get that one. My sister and her SO have two seasons, hunting and fishing! I wouldn't necessarily get it, but if even one dh is persuaded by the cover, then that's one more in a higher weight harnessed seat. I think all of the covers are nice, some more so than others. I don't think any of them are hideous. I've never seen a truly awful Britax cover. boring for sure, but not hideous. Does anyone remember the lime green Flower Power RA? I LOVED that one!

Melizerd

I like the last one the black and grey. The camo is UGLY. I don't have a girl so the pink is out but I like the other flowery one.

I'll have to wait til I can get just the cover for the black and grey.

Kellyr2

Am I the only one that recognizes the "Retro" as being identical to this past year's "Soho"? Or is there some tiny difference or what?

I love the Trellis. And Sunburst. And whatever the butterfly one is called.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The flower print is so pretty! Too light a color for my farm though! Not that I plan to buy another seat until the kids get married and have kids!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC