symphony in an Elantra and questions

natalie77

My SIL has a 10 month old who weighs 23 lbs 5 oz and don't know how tall. He is in a chicco key fit now with a out an inch above his head so I told her its time to switch. She has a myride for her hubbys car and they like it. She got a symphony for her car because it is shorter and her car is little. Problem is we can get it snug but not TIGHT and if she pushes on the side that the seatbelt buckles on, the seat tips! A girl told her to scoot her seats back to brace it but I didn't know if that is allowed with that seat. So any suggestions or does she need a different seat? She doesn't care to return it but wants suggestions if this is noncompatible. and she doesn't like my RN because she says it isn't "substantial" enough like around him like the myride. Lol

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
What does she drive? Has she tried the myride in her car? The myride fits well in small cars.

Is she installing wit seatbelt or LATCH?

Stefanie, cpst in iowa - mom to 4 great kids

natalie77

My SIL drives a Hyundai Elantra. She was trying to putthe Elantra in the center so has to use seatbelt since latch is only in the outer positions. She thinks they are returning it and wants suggestions for her Elantra.

Aurezalia

What year is the Elantra?
I have an '02 and you can really fit anything in there. I have RF'ing Radians in mine right now. :)

natalie77

I is an 09 I believe. She doesn't think the RN is substantial enough. She is concerned that it isn't deep like the myride or symphony etc. I am going to let her try mine and my true fit this weekend and see if she likes either. We are going to try her myride in her car too....it's in her hubby's impala now

Aurezalia

I is an 09 I believe. She doesn't think the RN is substantial enough. She is concerned that it isn't deep like the myride or symphony etc. I am going to let her try mine and my true fit this weekend and see if she likes either. We are going to try her myride in her car too....it's in her hubby's impala now

Ah, the later generation is a bit smaller on the interior. My suggestion would be a Complete Air. It tends to fit very well in small spaces. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC