Back to Britax from a Radian?

purplemama

So I was putting DS2 in the MA in DH's car yesterday and I was surprised at how well he still fit RF (tiny little thing LOL). And at how easy it was to buckle him in. In the XTSL in my truck he's way above the 3rd slot to the point where I'm nervous about the straps falling off his shoulders but he's still way below the 4th slot, too far to call it close. I'd take pics but my stupid truck is in the shop yet again. And I really don't care for the XTSL. DH lothes it to the point where if he's taking DS2 somewhere in it without me he refuses to use it, he'll use the MA instead.
Soooo, I was thinking I'd sell the XTSL, buy a lovely smokey pearl RA55 and pass that down to DD when she outgrows the keyfit. Or maybe try to get a RA50 or MA65 somewhere. But man, I do love that smokey pearl cover.
I'll have to try the keyfit in the middle and the MA outboard when I get my truck back to see if it'll work. I hope so because that XTSL is such a PITA to buckle him into. The staps are only held on his shoulders by the chest clip and while that may be safe, I'm just not to comfy with it. Besides, we want to get different vehicle when I find a job and what if I can't install the XTSL in it?

ADS

cpsaddict

Go for it! I loathe the Radian. When I borrowed one for a month or so, DH refused to use it. He simply could not get the straps tight on DD and she is not tiny. He uses our MA70 and Classic Marathon very easily.

abbi_n_nadia

I don't love our XTSL either...I agree it is a PITA kind of seat. I love our new FR85 though! Sooooo much easier! I say go for the smokey pearl! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC