New cover for Babytrend 22?

Cilia

I have a friend who is due in 4 weeks with DD1. DS1 was born last year and she bought him a Babytrend 22 travel system. The seat is in boyish colors and she would like to buy a new cover for DD1, but according to her they no longer make the 22 version. So my question is:
Can she buy a cover for a Babytrend 30-something and put on her Babytrend 22? Is the shell the same?

Thanks!

ADS

Calleiah

Im pretty sure the 30lb version has a slightly different shell, so I dont think it's advisable to put the 30lb cover on the 22 lb seat. As far as I can tell, they do still have the 22 lb version on the market, though I dont see many girly covers for it and it looks like they are phasing it out. Gender neutral is about the best I see. Has she directly called Baby Trend about getting a replacement cover?

Cilia

Im pretty sure the 30lb version has a slightly different shell, so I dont think it's advisable to put the 30lb cover on the 22 lb seat. As far as I can tell, they do still have the 22 lb version on the market, though I dont see many girly covers for it and it looks like they are phasing it out. Gender neutral is about the best I see. Has she directly called Baby Trend about getting a replacement cover?

No, she went into BRU to see what covers they had and intended to call and order a replacement directly from Baby trend.

Pixels

I responded earlier, but it looks like my response was eaten.

The BT 30 shell is about an inch taller than the BT 22. I have both seats. If I get a chance later, I'll try trading covers to see if it's awful or not.

Cilia

I responded earlier, but it looks like my response was eaten.

The BT 30 shell is about an inch taller than the BT 22. I have both seats. If I get a chance later, I'll try trading covers to see if it's awful or not.

That would be great!
I have written to her and told her to call CS and ask if they have more girlish covers for her shell, but as far as I could tell, they do not appear to have that many fun colors for the 22 version.

Pixels

Covers are identical. Shells are identical dimensions. I always thought the 30 was a bit bigger, but after the cover fit perfectly, I held the covers up to each other and they matched. Then I got out my tape measure to confirm, the shells really are the same size.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC