Which booster

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
So I have a 6 year old shes thicker about 50lbs and she a little wider in the rear...Do you thicker kids fit in the harmony booster thats at walmart for 13.50 (i don't know the exact name) or do you think I should just go with a turbobooster

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My solid 10 yo fit in the Harmony (LiteRider is the cheap one, Cruz is a little more expensive, but might even work better), the armbuds (not really armrests, are they? lol) are so small that it's easier to buckle than the Turbo, IMO.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Literider fits big kids well, and in the booster world 50# isn't a "big kid". Is your 6yo ready for a backless booster?

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
shes not my 6 yo i will be babysitting her and driving her from school to home...its not my preference to put her in a booster but thats what shes in at home...and I really don't have a ton of money to go out and buy a nautilus (even though I really want one)

christineka

You might look into the new evenflo big kid sport. It's a high back version of the amp and costs $30. The amp is reported to fit big kids well and so I'd assume the big kid sport would be a good option for younger big kids.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
shes not my 6 yo i will be babysitting her and driving her from school to home...its not my preference to put her in a booster but thats what shes in at home...and I really don't have a ton of money to go out and buy a nautilus (even though I really want one)

I'm not questioning whether she should be in a booster, but whether she is ready for a backless booster. Do you have adequate head support?

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
You might look into the new evenflo big kid sport. It's a high back version of the amp and costs $30. The amp is reported to fit big kids well and so I'd assume the big kid sport would be a good option for younger big kids.

yeah I was looking at this today...thats probably what i'll end up getting I really want a highback but don't have a ton to spend so its a good price range for me...I went to walmart today and they really didn't have anything on the shelves...sears was clearancing everything off today but only had one boyish looking booster seat.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Yeah I was just going to go to a different sears to see if they had another one...I know its silly my brain was really on overload for a minute. I'm not used to booster shopping i'm used to convertible shopping

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC