How much should I ask for this stroller?

amyd

I have a 2008 Valco Trimode Single that I love, but I need a double for this summer so I'm going to have to sell it, I think.:( I paid $500 for it new. I've got a bunch of accessories (parent cupholder, rain cover, bug/UV cover, tire pump, snack tray...something too maybe...can't remember). It's in great shape. I was thinking I'd try for $350 on Kijiji initially and be willing to take $300 if offered. Does that sound reasonable? Or am I asking too much?

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

Well first, you can't tack on for the rain cover or the tire pump, or really even advertise them as 'extra accessories' because those come WITH the stroller. ;) That being said, I have the same m.y. stroller WITH a toddler seat, and I can't even get $275 for it on my local CL. I started the listing at $375 about two months ago, and still no interest at the lower price. It's a huge bummer. Of course, I could offer it here on swap but shipping would probably be astronomical so that's a turn-off for most buyers. It's just sitting in a closet right now, because selling it would basically mean losing money. :(

amyd

Well first, you can't tack on for the rain cover or the tire pump, or really even advertise them as 'extra accessories' because those come WITH the stroller. ;)

Yeah, I know. I think I'd list them in the ad, though, just so folks looking would know they're available, kwim? Not as extras, but that they come with it. Cause with some strollers, those are extras so if I were looking, I'd want to know if they were included or not.

Anyway, that's a bummer that you can't sell yours:thumbsdown: I will be very surprised if I can sell mine, either, to be honest. Most of the strollers on our local site are Gracos that go for $25. I don't exactly live in a high-end stroller market. There really isn't anywhere to even buy a high-end stroller here, although I think BRU special orders Bugaboos now.

On a totally separate note, have you ever transported your Valco in your 5? I've been preggo and it's been winter ever since I got my 5 so haven't attempted dragging the Valco out of the basement to see how it fits. I'm assuming it will swallow whole my entire cargo area behind the second row:rolleyes: I love that thing, but man, it's a beast.

LuvMyCharlie

Yeah, it's definitely a beast but it's an awesome stroller. It takes up about 3/4 of the cargo area with the wheels on. If you take the back wheels off, though, it will only take up about 1/2 the space.

Janina

I'm also in CT and tried selling my 2008 valco with the standard accessories for $200 and couldn't get a bite. I think it's because people are just not very familiar with the valco brand as opposed to BOBs, or even baby joggers which are beoming more well known now that BRU sells the city mini in store. I still have the box for mine and it's actually not that big and certainly not as big as the car seats we all ship. You could even take off the fabric seat in order to fit the wheels inside the frame. I'm still using mine at the moment since the weather is starting to get a little nicer and DD hasn't arrived yet :( SIGH!!!

LuvMyCharlie

Glad to know it's not just me! I think you're right, thought, about it being not as well known. There's one Valco double on the RI CL but that's the only other one I've found around. I keep advertising in hopes that with the weather warming up, someone will bite. The only other thing I can think of is to consign it, but that's definitely losing money! Also just listed my BJCMD on CL today. We'll see what happens with that. :/

henrietta

If you have any great consignment sales in your area, you're more likely to sell it there for a decent price. FWIW, I bought my Valco Tri Mode here 2 yrs ago, on swap. ;)

Also, would it work for you to keep it if you added the additional seat and/or the buggy board?

henrietta

trinalb

Sorry to hijack, but I am looking for a toddler seat (and possibly other accessories) for my single Valco stroller if anyone has one they would be willing to ship to Canada for a reasonable price. Please PM me if you are. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC