CRST training

I would love to take a CRST traing course, but we don't have one here in the NWT. Because we don't even have a pace that does carseat inspection or installations anymore, sense our firehall stopped doing it. I would love to become a CRST, so I can offer some help to parents here through the family center and playgroup and what not. I think there needs to be somewhere for people to go to get help with installing their carseats, and questions they may have. I think it's absurd and totally irresponsible of the NWT to not have a place in the capital city for parents and caregivers to go to, to get help/advice on car seat safety!! Can I get training in another province and have it valid here as well?? and where would I be able to get training nearest as possible, say Alberta or Yukon. I was thinking BC, my SIL lives in BC, so I was thinking next time we take a trip down there I could do the training down there. but it just bothers me when I see kids looking at me though the rear window of a car, no car seat..... Do these people even know the risks involved?? and car seats lopsided, or the worst, small babies turned forward facing... :(

ADS

JaRylan

Hi Kristy-Ann,
I'm pretty sure one of the CRST's on here is from BC. CRST training is nationally recognized and you can take it in any province and it would be valid across Canada. In your case I would make sure that the instructors knew beforehand that you were from out of province and would like extra information that would be relevant to where you live.

Have you contacted your territorial/provincial auto insurance provider to see if they know anything?

Hope you are able to find a class soon.

Jacqui

Jewels

Senior Community Member
There is a class in MB the last weekend of this month. If you are interested PM me and I can give you the rest of the details :)

Manitoba eh. I was born and lived in Winnipeg until I was 12 years old. Maybe I will have to make a trip to MB and take the course and visit. hehe. Definitely to short of notice to do it this month. How often do they offer the course?? I asked St.John ambulance here, they don't offer the course, but said if I have traing elsewhere it is valid in the NWT. :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am not able to attend the training this month but was told they will be doing it again. They said they would let me know when they offer the next one, so when I hear something I will let you know :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC