I've really seen it all now

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Some idiot at Leila's school removed the rear seatbacks for his sound system -- newborn is in a 3 point Evenflo SIDE FACING (the seatbelt is kinda wrapped around it some messed up way) & his nursery school kid (not more than 3 years or 30#) is in a BACKLESS booster :eek: How can anyone possibly think this is acceptable :confused:

ADS

southpawboston

Some idiot at Leila's school removed the rear seatbacks for his sound system -- newborn is in a 3 point Evenflo SIDE FACING (the seatbelt is kinda wrapped around it some messed up way) & his nursery school kid (not more than 3 years or 30#) is in a BACKLESS booster :eek: How can anyone possibly think this is acceptable :confused:

agreed, unacceptable, carseats just mess up the whole sound system!! ;)

Loves2sing

Did you call the cops on him? If he is in the same school everyday, I would call, and have them do something about it!! That is appalling!!!:mad:

mominabigtruck

You know what's bad about that too? I betcha he's driving around with that stereo full blast not two feet away from those kids. Can we say hearing loss?

amy919

Mommainabigtruck - I thought the same thing! What is the reason for that?!? We have a no music rule to and fron school. It's our special "girl talk time" anyway...

And I'm not one to call the cops for just any old reason, but in this instance, I would be picking up the phone. I've only called the police on 3 occassions, but they've been about the same exact issue. I wouldn't be able to let this one go, though.

Amy

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
That was my 1st concern -- the carseat issue wasn't as obvious at first.... I didn't have my cell phone on me then, but I keep looking for that car now!

I'm just not sure if this is even illegal :confused: We don't have a proper use clause :(

I did call someone in yesterday who had a car overfilled with unbelted adults + a toddler climbing front to back seat :mad:

Nonuse is illegal & I'm hoping this type of gross misuse is as well: tried to post about it on the CPSPList, but Yahoo doesn't like me at the moment.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
agreed, unacceptable, carseats just mess up the whole sound system!! ;)

Oh i swear south paw, we have the same quirky sense of humor. By all means, why not just forget the car seat and let them roam around in the back there playing with the new equipment. At least we know the car has adequate musical capabilities; Which BTW is the most important feature of all!

mominabigtruck

We have a no music rule to and fron school. It's our special "girl talk time" anyway...

We jam to the 80s hairbands when we're in my car. My oldest wiggles around in his seat and my youngest likes to clap his hands.

I just don't understand people. We have friends who are ttc and he said that there will never be a seat in his truck because then he'd have to move his system:confused:

Loves2sing

Well fine, don't put a seat in your truck. (Priorities much?) just make sure you don't put a child in there either!!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
These are the same stupid people who drive by my apartment bedroom window at all hours of the day and night w/their music so loud I can hear the lyrics w/my windows/doors closed. I HATE people like that. Talk about no respect for anyone else.

As for the car seat thing, some people just don't care about their kids as much as they should.. They're blessed to have them and don't even realize it.

Lys

Senior Community Member
This reminded me of the seat I saw today when picking up my oldest DD from the high school.
The car parked next to me had a scenera buckles in the center FF with the LATCH hooked to the center tether anchor and one outboard anchor. It took me a minute to look at it to make sure that's what I saw.
I had left all my business cards at home from this past weekend's Baby Fair or I was going to leave one on the winshield.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
This reminded me of the seat I saw today when picking up my oldest DD from the high school.
The car parked next to me had a scenera buckles in the center FF with the LATCH hooked to the center tether anchor and one outboard anchor. It took me a minute to look at it to make sure that's what I saw.
I had left all my business cards at home from this past weekend's Baby Fair or I was going to leave one on the winshield.

I saw a RF Snugride installed like that one day at Target. I had to look about 5 times to make sure that's really what I saw. It must have been installed w/the seatbelt too, or else it would have just been hanging off the seat.

People can be too creative sometimes.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Oh, and one day I saw 2 ladies in a Mustand w/the car seat sitting sideways in the backseat on a pile of blankets and pillows. Not installed at all, but a kid was riding in it.. Boneheads.

mommycat

This kind of thing just boggles the mind. Someone should pay for some good, graphic main stream tv commercials showing people what happens to kids who are not properly restrained, etc. There would still be yahoos who have no sense, but I have to believe (for my sanity) that most people who do this crazy shit are just grossly uninformed. :(

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, no kidding.... Leading cause of death & brain damage & paralysis & seizures for kids -- that deserves way more attention that it gets!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well, you know, ALL that matters is an awesome sound system! What do you mean the speakers might kill the baby in a crash? Nooooo. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC