Which stroller out of these two?

Holly

I really want to get a First Years Ignite stroller.
I pushed one in a store recently (with ds in it) and I loved it.
While trying to find the best deal online, I found out that Walmart has one w/ a "bumper bar" on the front and an additional cup holder on the side.
Other than those two things, the Walmart version and everywhere else version is exactly the same.

I kind of thought I wanted the bumper bar one just so he has a place to rest his hands if he wants, or it could help if he's throwing a tantrum while I'm putting him in, he can't flop himself all the way out as easily.

Walmart has it for $59 but I have a 10% discount making it about $56 before tax. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15550299

Kohls has it for $58 but (supposedly if the codes work) I can get 30% off and free shipping, making it about $40 http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kid...he+first+years+Ignite+Red+Stripe+Stroller.jsp

I don't know what I want to do. I love the $40 price, but part of me thinks I need the bumper bar.

Which would you pick out of the two?

ADS

sirrahn

Personally I think it would be easier to get an unhappy kid in without the bar in front. No trying to get his legs underneath.

I had a Chicco Caddy which was a similar looking stroller and it was never an issue not having anything in front. I personally don't think the bar would be worth that price difference especially. GL deciding!

Holly

That's a good point too, not having to get his legs under it.
The bar opens up too, there is a button on the front and if you push it, the bar swings open.
If I could price match w/ Walmart and they would both be $40, would you still want the one without the bar?

icnee

Id go with the one from kohls.

Cause of the bar.

Although a happy kid may like the bar thay are not always happy.

manateesmom

I'd get the one with the bar. We have a bar on our regular home stroller, and have a Mac Volo without, for travel. We missed the bar on our recent vacation with the Volo.

Pros to the bar:
  • prevents DS from lunging out of the seat (espec. if he's tantruming - Volo harness is not tight enough and seat gives);
  • DS likes to chew on it when he's bored and teething;
  • it's a place to hook on a few toys;
  • you can buy a caddy deal that wraps around the belly bar and can hold a sippy, snacks, and toys for kiddo. Something like this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kiddy-Kaddy-Stroller-Snack-Tray/dp/B000SN2JO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1299899144&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Kiddy Kaddy - Stroller Snack Tray: Baby[/ame]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC