New Orbit weight limits

crunchierthanthou

Did I miss this somewhere? I just read that the infant seat now goes to 30 lbs, and the toddler to 65 lbs (ff, I am sure, and I assume still 35 lb rf). Also? Apparently it's retroactive. :thumbsup:

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
crunchierthanthou said:
Did I miss this somewhere? I just read that the infant seat now goes to 30 lbs, and the toddler to 65 lbs (ff, I am sure, and I assume still 35 lb rf). Also? Apparently it's retroactive. :thumbsup:

Awesome! It's hard to compete with a 22 lbs infant seat, especially at that price point. I think the 50 lbs on the toddler seat was reasonable, but parents like to see the higher weight limits.

crunchierthanthou

It looks like the height limit on the bucket increased, too. The toddler seat is still only rf to 35 lbs. They'll send new stickers to those who need them.

Here's the official word from Orbit -

http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/car-seat-weight-rating/

Infant Car Seat G2: We are proud to inform you that through additional testing on our Infant Car Seat G2, the upper weight and height limits have officially increased. The weight range for your baby is now 4-30 lbs and 19-32 in.

This new weight rating applies to all Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat G2s (Model No. ORB823000) purchased in the past or future. It applies to all Infant Car Seat G2s when used on their own or on an Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2 (Model No. ORB822000).

Toddler Car Seat: We are proud to inform you that through additional testing on our Toddler Car Seat, the upper weight and height limits for the forward-facing position have officially increased. The weight range for your child is now 15-35 lbs rear-facing, and 20-65 lbs and 50 in forward-facing.

This new weight rating applies to all Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seats (Model No. ORB807000) purchased in the past or future. Note that the Toddler Car Seat’s rear-facing weight rating remains the same, at 15-35 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC