What carseat is this?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My SIL sent me this pic:

tristaje9.jpg

Her next-youngest is 7, and the seat doesn't look new to me, so I'm afraid it might be expired. We are visiting them this weekend and would give them DD2's bucket to they have a non-expired seat (and of course that would give me the excuse to get DD2 a new seat :whistle: ).

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
It looks like a Baby Trend from the buckle. And maybe not expired but they do need to remove the head roll :)

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
It's a baby trend. I don't think it's expired. I've seen then new in the stores in the past few years. They might need to dial the headrest down. You don't have to rethread the harness in that seat!

Susan

mominabigtruck

Looks like a pretty new baby trend to me to. The whole point of the adjustable headrest is to cradle the baby's head, like the blvd wings. So if they put the headrest down where it belongs, not only will the straps be where they belong but they won't need the aftermarket positioner because the headrest will do its job.

supercrunch

Definitely baby trend. We had a latch-loc with our ds who was born in 2004, but ours was the non-adjustable kind.

cpsaddict

That is the Baby Trend Latch Loc in the Tahoe print. It was new at BRU in 2003, so it's not expired. However, I am betting that head roll is making the straps seem like they fit, but I can almost guarantee they need to move the headrest down. My nephew didn't have it that far up until almost 6mths! The headrest is covered in EPS foam, so if the straps are coming out a little below the shoulders, her head would be within the wings. This seat SO EASY to change harness heights, just turn the dual on the back.
The seat is actually pretty nice, but that rigid LATCH base can be tricky to get the right recline.

HTH!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
yep the straps are too high for sure, and I'm going to tell them to take the head thingy out, I just wanted to make sure the seat wasn't expired. The crotch buckle seems really high on the tummy :confused:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If the crotch strap is like the one on the Baby Trend Latch Loc 22 seat I used for DD2 (ours had a 2004 DOM, adjustable headwings/shoulder harness, and a glen plaid cover), the length can be adjusted shorter or longer. It involves unthreading the crotch strap's anchor and then wrapping some of the excess length around the anchor to shorten it, or unwrapping some of the excess to extend it, then reinstalling the crotch strap. If theirs has an adjustable crotch strap, the manual would probably be clearer than my attempt at describing it. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC