Help with Peg Primo Viaggio (and other questions)

BananaBoat

BFF has a Peg on her registry because the sales people at Buy Buy Baby have convinced her it's the only seat that will "snap" onto her BJCM :rolleyes:

Tell me why y'all dislike the Peg, please. I'm concerned that it may not fit small n00bs well & since she's on bed rest with fibroids & being monitored for pre-e there's a chance she'll go early.

Also, does anyone have experience using other infant seats with the BJCM as a travel system without having to use "the strap" as she put it?
I have recommended the KF30 & the Chaperone as alternatives to the Peg, but the BBB staff have her convinced that because they don't "snap" in, they are incompatible. Is this true?

Looking for all experiences & suggestions please!

ADS

canadiangie

I will preface this by saying *I* think the BJ seat adapter kits kind of suck. And I love BJ strollers. There are adapter kits for Graco, Peg, Britax, and a seperate one just for Chicco. Peg is the only one that snaps on. The others require that you use an adapter strap. This is *totally not a big deal* but retail staff tend to think it's a world ending unsafe inconvenience and also tend to think Peg seats are the best. I will say that the Chicco adapter is probably the least convenient because you have to take off the stroller canopy to adapt the KF. Peg seats are not great for itty bitty babies but as long as baby is over 6 pounds it should be okay. I can't stand Pegs because they are heavy, don't have seat-to-base recognition, can be beasts to install, and are rather cliche in my area. Cost isn't on my list of complaints, to be honest, but I know some people complain about the price. So in the end, I would pair a SR35 with a Mini and call it awesome. Using the adapter strap is fine, 100% safe if done correctly, and we know the 35 is a great all around seat.

Hth's

BananaBoat

Peg is the only one that snaps on. The others require that you use an adapter strap. This is *totally not a big deal* but retail staff tend to think it's a world ending unsafe inconvenience and also tend to think Peg seats are the best.

How similar is this to the way that a KF30 won't "snap" into a Snap & Go or on a Phil & Ted's?

I am definitely nervous about the small baby issue, since we have no idea if she'll go to term. Plus, just from my own experience, DD was born at 5# 11oz and down to 5# 7oz at discharge. I know now how poorly she fit in her SR22 & worry that BFF will have the same issue with the Peg. DD was only 1 week early, so...

canadiangie

How similar is this to the way that a KF30 won't "snap" into a Snap & Go or on a Phil & Ted's?

I am definitely nervous about the small baby issue, since we have no idea if she'll go to term. Plus, just from my own experience, DD was born at 5# 11oz and down to 5# 7oz at discharge. I know now how poorly she fit in her SR22 & worry that BFF will have the same issue with the Peg. DD was only 1 week early, so...

Actually, now that I think about it, the Chicco adapter offers a 'snap' BUT you have to remove the stroller canopy to get the car seat on. Its bonkers.

Just tell her to be like me. :whistle: I use my KF on my Micro single (same interior seat width/depth as Mini) by simply reclining the stroller seat, nesting the KF in, and using homemade adapter straps thru the car seat belt guides; straps looped around frame of stroller. It saved me about $80, and I'm not messing with a silly adapter kit. And yes, its secure. I can lift my stroller off the ground when I pck it up by the car seat handle. IMO, all of these "adapter kits" are sort of nonsense, and expensive, and in the case of BJ really bulky in design. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC