Car seat and booster pondering

Jennifer mom to my 7

My 8 year old probably 5 step tests in the third row of the sienna. She is about 54 inches tall, and over 100 pounds. Here she is back in October.

notboostered.jpg

boostered.jpg

She outgrew the monterey back around then I think.

My 5 year old (oct) is in a regent on the top slots. She outgrew the nautilus at around 4.5-4.75. I haven't checked her in it lately.

She has ridden in a booster a few times, and does well.

My 4 year old is still rear facing in a radian xtsl.

I am pondering switching him forward facing, after the threat of snow is over. I also need to get a good weight on him, as I think he is around 40 pounds clothed (but, I don't really want to forward face him:().

The 2 year old is rear facing in a 33 pound boulevard, and is about 30 pounds clothed. He will most likely need the radian rear facing in a few months.

All that said, I am also pondering a new seat. Or 2. The regent was bought in late 06, and I think has about 1.5? of life left. The boulevard about 2.5 or so. I have an old style parkway that will expire also in a little over a year and a half. I have a feeling my turbo might be expired, I have to check. ANd I also have the monterey, that 5 year old fits well in.

Now, I could get away without buying a new seat for a while, but I don't want to. I think I want a frontier. But, not sure for who, when. Or, another radian.

Who wants to ponder with me? 05 8 passenger sienna, maybe occasionally an 02 cadillac deville. (which, I could booster the 4 year old in in an emergency).

ADS

Kat_Momof3

A child is safer until puberty in a booster, so wouldn't move her yet.

even if they are too tall?? she's saying her daughter is too tall because of her ears and the vehicle headrest.

I like the seatbelt fit in the backless booster, though... for the shoulderbelt...

I don't know what I'd do... but I'd go ahead and put a 4yr old ff and give the seat to the child who needs a higher rf limit.

with your SOOO TALL kids (Damian grows like your kids, so I have one kid where I've btdt)... I'd get a Frontier 85... only seat that can harness your kids as long as a Regent would.

DaniChildcare

I would do this:
2yo RF Radian
4yo Frontier
5yo Monterey

Since these pics are from October, i would say she does probably 5 step test by now.

Your 2yo will need the Radian soon, so i would turn your 4yo and use the Frontier for him/her.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Ah, missed that. No, we have to have the hear rest.

ACtually, I don't think you did, because I didn't mention her ears and the headrest. Oops. But, looking at it, I think those headrests might be up as high as they go, and that means the tops of her ears are close to the top of the headrest in the booster. Maybe I should also pick up one of those cheap cosco backlesses, that are lower to the seat, but wider for bigger kids?

Hmm, and maybe I should look at a recaro prosport. Won't fit the 5 year old, but will probably fit the 4 year old long enough as he is pretty average for a 4 year old, even though his torso is a bit longer.

babyherder

I'd keep your 8 year old in a booster as long as she has head support.
I'd put the 4 year old in a radian (45 lb rf). I think with 1.5 years left on your regent you'll get your 4 year old to a good booster age in the regent. Worry about your 2 year old later. Maybe something new will be out by then.
2 yr old rf in current radian
5 year old in booster

Jennifer mom to my 7

I'd keep your 8 year old in a booster as long as she has head support.
I'd put the 4 year old in a radian (45 lb rf). I think with 1.5 years left on your regent you'll get your 4 year old to a good booster age in the regent. Worry about your 2 year old later. Maybe something new will be out by then.
2 yr old rf in current radian
5 year old in booster

But that doesn't get me new seats;)

ElfJewel

Have you tried a Harmony Literider for your 8 yo? It is much shorter than the Monterrey and she might have enough headroom. Then 5 yo in the Monterrey, 4 yo in Regent, 2 yo in the Radian. You get a booster now, and another seat when the Regent expires (I know about wanting new seats :))

Kat_Momof3

I don't know that the literider would be wide enough for her 8yr old dd.

a cosco backless should be lower-profile enough to get you a couple more inches.

Again, the shoulderbelt fit is a little better with the booster, so I think that couple inches might be all you need.

Jennifer mom to my 7

THought I would bump this thread, as I just weighed the 2.5 year old and he was 31 pounds clothed before we left, and 32 when we got back.

Decisions, decisions.

Smartseat:whistle:

Complete air

Not sure I want to flip the 4 year old yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC