Fun with Space Bags!

msg221

I have a full cover set in Allison for a MA70, a full cover set in Pink Polka Dotty for the TFP, the infant padding for two Geo Black sets (I think one belongs to my friend), and the infant pillow for the Cowmoo MA70. I had them in a huge plastic bag that came with one of the seats, but it was ridiculous how much room it was taking up in the guest room closet. Anyway, I saw that the Space Bags are on sale at Target this week so I bought a set of 2 size XL ($9.99) yesterday. I got around to trying it out tonight. Everything fit into one bag and once I sucked all the air out with the vacuum, this is what it looks like:

112_0221.jpg

Guess I should have taken a "before" pic, but I am sure you can imagine how much room all of that took up!

ADS

ProudMommysince09

That's awesome, I totally need something like that. Do you use a regular vacuum for that or is there a special one? I'm due for a Target trip anyway lol..

msg221

Yes, a regular vacuum cleaner works. I will be using the other bag for the two Bundle Me's, Boppy that I no longer use, and some of the stroller accessories like the foot muff that has never seen the light of day!

emtb79

Quick question does anybody's ever reinflate because mine does every time and cant figure out how to keep them like the pictures of flat stuff.

msg221

I hope that mine don't reinflate!! I was so excited about all the space I got back in the closet!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Do you happen to have a big puffy coat and/or snowsuit you can put in the space bags to show compression?

msg221

Do you happen to have a big puffy coat and/or snowsuit you can put in the space bags to show compression?

As a matter of fact I do! I have a size 2T snowsuit/jacket set that is Zain's. Of course this bag will be way bigger than necessary, but at least I can show you how much it compresses. I will do that when I get home from work today. 5 hours and 15 minutes to go!

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I love those kind of bags! I stored my huge Snoogle pillow in one between pregnancies and it was so nice to not have it taking up a ton of space. I also used them for out of season bedding. I have only had one re-inflate and I realized that it was missing a little rubber piece that is supposed to cover the valve before screwing the cap on. I don't have the actual Space Bags brand though so I'm not sure if it's the same for all brands.

mkmama

I've always used those bags for my covers :) Not so much for the compression, but for keeping them clean and dust/mildewish free in our dampish basement!

Sunshy9

Quick question does anybody's ever reinflate because mine does every time and cant figure out how to keep them like the pictures of flat stuff.

Mine do too!!! I have the large sizes and 1 cube size and 1 of the large ones and the cube always reinflate after a few days. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC