Why, oh why, did I type "car seat cover" in Etsy??

ADS

afdani1984

Holy cow. If you pulled the "hood" down, it'd completely cover the baby's face. We always just covered J with a blanket, and if we were going to have him in the SR, carrying it or in the snap and go, we'd just pull the hood up then drape a rec. blanket over it. That way he wasn't completely covered but the wind/sun/weather wasn't on him. Now I just put a sweater on him and take a fuzzy blanket with us.

On a side note, completely un-car seat related..I did find the cutest little slippers on Etsty for J. Haha.

ETA: Those straps are WAY too high for that "baby". Haha.

afdani1984

Or the mention of putting your baby in bulky clothing/snowsuits with the intent of then putting them in the carseat. Like a bulky blanket that interferes with the carseat straps and potentially suffocates your baby is any better. You know someone would forget to uncover their baby's face when putting it in the car.

KatrinaUSC

Oh My Lord!!! Did you see the 4th picture?!?!?! Where did the baby's face go?? I have a store on etsy and I can assure you that THAT isn't one of my products for sale! Eek!!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

KatrinaUSC

CelticLabyrinth said:
They have some really pretty nautilus covers. If I didn't know better I'd buy them :whistle: .

Some of the seller's on etsy do need to get props, though, for making cute and safe canopies like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/66828936/3in1-combo-dino-dudes-and-dots-seat?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=carseat+cover&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Oh my goodness I want one!! Too bad Roe moves to his convertible seat tomorrow! :) It's a nursing cover too! Woohoo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

afdani1984

afdani1984

Oh my goodness, please don't say that about yourself. That makes me very sad to hear. Kudos to you for trying in the first place.

Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off in such a downer way. I really did try my best but my son was born with a hearty appetite and I just couldn't keep up. He got whatever I could produce for him in addition to formula. I'm the working parent (military) and it just got to be so hard with work that when we moved to Germany he went to formula fed only. I think part of the reason I have such negativity about it is how they made me feel at the hospital when I struggled, and at every well baby visit they talked like they were judging me for giving formula. At our last well visit they asked how often he was breastfeeding. Not..how often does he eat and what does he eat. Like there was no other choice. My son has not suffered from being formula fed in the least. He's a whopping 22 lbs at 9 months. Thank you so much though for your kind words. It really does make me feel better :)

And to make this more on topic..on the subject of car seat covers. I really wish Sunshine Kids would come out with some new covers. It seems like most of the other brands have something new in the works, and I've seen nothing from SK. Which is sad because I love our RN and would like to see some different boy patterns.

afdani1984

Wow that second link for the strap covers..I could see those making it difficult to figure out if your straps are tight enough. I do like the cover in the first link. Very cute.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC